Vegan teams

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby billyoffspring » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:11 pm

I'll be in Blacksburg, VA for at least 5 more months. Maybe going to Northern VA after. Don't know.
billyoffspring

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:11 pm

[quote="billyoffspring"]I started a new topic regarding the Vegan Shirts for us. Check it out. It's in the Bodybuilding section (Maybe I should have put it somewhere else).

Topher: I am in Virginia (south-western). Pretty far away :)

hmm, its your brother that lives in PA?

alright, so when we are gonna go to england, i guess we could meet in PA or something, and fly out of Philly.

awesome. i think i am gonna go out and buy a shirt and hoodie, and make my own logo and everything and put it on. and then if it looks good, i could post a picture. and if everyone likes it, i could make more and stuff.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby billyoffspring » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:16 pm

My brother goes to the same college as me, but he went on a road trip to PA for posifest.

I want to start producing these vegan shirts. We should have Vegan Fitness.net written on them somewhere, so others will see it and might check it out.
billyoffspring

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:20 pm

[quote="billyoffspring"]My brother goes to the same college as me, but he went on a road trip to PA for posifest.

I want to start producing these vegan shirts. We should have Vegan Fitness.net written on them somewhere, so others will see it and might check it out.

chest- logo "Team Vegan"

and then either http://www.veganfitness.net on the back of the neck...or on a sleeve....
V VII Hero

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:20 pm

posifest was fun. minus the fight and my new scar.
V VII Hero

Postby Daniel » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:49 pm

Hey, Billy and Topher, you really aren't horribly far from each other. Why not start a Mid-Atlantic team? You could include: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. You don't have to train together every month; just meet up a few times a year and support each other at comps.

Anyway, great idea, Pete. I think it should be an international team. We have people on this board from all over the globe.

Good luck, you have my support.

-Daniel
Daniel

Postby billyoffspring » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:12 pm

Topher/Daniel/Others:

What exactly would a team do? Support each other? Please explain. I'm interested.
billyoffspring

Postby Frostfire » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:53 am

Hey, I love the idea of a team, but it sucks that I am hundreds of miles away from any other vegan lifters *sigh*. Definatly have to save my pennies and go to England next year!

This is such a supportive community already, and I think if we could be team members it would take the positivity and comradery up a notch :D . Fab idea.
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby tylerm » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:26 am

VVII Hero, where are you in PA? I am in Cleveland, Ohio, about 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh.

If interested, I can make up some rad 'Team Vegan' or whatever decals, I run a sign company, my website is www.astepabovesigns.com
It is my own business, homebased for 4 years now. I can very easily and cheaply make vinyl decals for car windows, etc. so we can represent. I would be willing to make em and send them out for free to whoever wants them, where ever you are. Or maybe better, I can just make up some and send a few dozen to someone in the UK, and they can distribute them to save me on postage.

I have family in London as well as Brighton and Seaford. I was around England twice last year, once in March where I travelled around for a few weeks (London, Brighton, Seaford, Salisbury Plains, Bath) and then once this past December for 5 days in London on my way home from Australia. Chances are I will be back out in London, or possibly in Dublin visiting some other family members this next year sometime...
tylerm

Postby billyoffspring » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:35 am

Hi tylerm,

I'd be interested in getting some stuff from you. I need to get bigger before I'll sport it though. Alright, so...you, Topher (VII Hero), and me so far in a Mid Atlantic Vegan Team? I'm behind, so I have to catch up. I'm only 3 weeks in. :)

Billy
billyoffspring

Postby V VII Hero » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:42 pm

I am in northeast pennsylvania in the poconos. i am like 5 or 6 hours east of pittsburgh.

a midatlantic team sounds like a good idea....and we could meet a few times a year....great idea!

the decals also sound rad.

:D
V VII Hero

Postby billyoffspring » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:59 pm

I'm down guys!
billyoffspring

Postby Pete » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:08 pm

I just got back from James's vegan BBQ (YUM!). We were sorting out ideas for team vegan stuff (does it look like we settled on that name). We thought of a few ideas, one was to get a load of Bodybuilders & hit several close together shows, really cause a stir, the other was to each hit shows & see how many could get high, maybe even qualify for nationals etc. We also talked about supporters, maybe those not interested in competing, as such, but will to come along & shout their heads off to support there people :D, that's just as important at shows. We'd also need to make sure we got loads of publicity, from the muscle press, as one of the prime reasons for me is to get the message out to the ignorant muscle-heads that you can get big & strong without meat :!: That's our mission :twisted: . If we can really cause a stir, then we might get people thinking.

Hero, I was going to ask you about getting involved as you've already decided to compete, so you were top of the list mate. You got the idea already, about it going international. I mean, a great aim would be to make all those competing (& assisting those who compete) part of the TV family. We could work at motivating each other, some can sort out transport for supporters, maybe places to stay for those coming a long way to compete or catch a show. We need to get competitors & a support stucture together.

T-shirts etc are a great idea, we do need some great, designs. I like kind of hard looking images myself. like Robbie's gorilla design. Really GRRRR! Something iwith a similar feel would get my vote, what do the rest of you think :?:

I did meet the mother of ANOTHER vegan bodybuilder today, she's going to get him to contact me, so, if he's interested we're building quite a tidy British pose on the building front :D On the power side, I know JP is thinking of competing & isn't Oak to (Oak?), not sure who else (I'm not sure if Pat is going to compete anymore with her problems?).

MY GOD WE'RE BECOMING AN ARMY :D

We're going to need some more people from outside the UK, I mean Hero will be flying the flag for the US (maybe Robert Cheeke & Kenneth Williams will be interested in joining him?), but we need some more builders & power bods willing to fly the vegan flag & compete (& help support those competing).
Seem to me this idea has come about just the right time, if we start putting it together we'll really put veganism on the strength training map :D

Mary, you'd better start training hard, there's a stage waiting for ya :wink:
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby billyoffspring » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:25 pm

Pete:

I'm definitely interested as well in joining Hero and you guys. I'm going to have to catch up though, since I've just started. You guys are really doing a good job supporting me and keeping me dedicated, so thanks. I really appreciate all the advice on my workout routine as well. I've done Ryan's routine for 3 weeks now. Will probably switch after 6-8 weeks. I'll need some advice before switching though. :)
billyoffspring

Postby billyoffspring » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:26 pm

Also: I've heard that certain people cannot be bodybuilders and can't get big. Bullshit right? I really hope I can. I'm gonna work my ass off!
billyoffspring

PreviousNext

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights