Pre bed meal during bulk.

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Pre bed meal during bulk.

Postby Oliverwilliamsimpson » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:47 am

Hi guys I'm new to the forums after turning vegan about 1 month ago. I have decided to do a 4-5 month bulk. Not sure if this should be in the food section or bodybuilding so if it is in the wrong place sorry and please move it.

I am eating a he'll of a lot and slowly upping my calories to around 5000/day. From my time bulking as an omni I know that a high protein, medium fat, low carb meal is best before bed but I am struggling to find/think of anything I can eat that matches these criteria.

Any ideas would be great?

Thanks
Oliverwilliamsimpson

Re: Pre bed meal during bulk.

Postby athlegan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:36 am

Hey, Oliver, and welcome to Vegan Fitness! What's your training program while you're bulking?

I'm personally against the idea of properly bulking but if you're hell bent on doing it, let's see how we can help. :)

Vegan protein generally comes either with more fat or more carbs. There's nothing magical about either variety but if you're looking for more fat than carbs, I'd suggest tofu, nuts, and seeds. Specifically pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, almonds, pistachio, flax seeds, cashew, chia, hazelnut, and walnut.

Hope that helps!
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights