Food at Vegan fitness Week

Discussion forum for Vegan Fitness Week 2010, to be held in Germany.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Do you like to have a Vegan cook crew, like we had in Finland Veganfitness 2008?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:42 am

Yes
43%
No
No votes
It is ok for me if Carin will take it upon her
57%
It is not ok for me that Carin will take it upon her
No votes

Total votes : 14

Food at Vegan fitness Week

Postby Carin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 am

In VFW 2008 in Finland we had something very nice. A kitchen crew. All the days they made food voor all the participants: breakfast, lunch and dinner and a snack in the evening. Good veganfood where they took there time to prepare it.
I found it very pleasant, the sporters could take their time to do their sport and have time to make a full day out off it .

In 2008 I started a training(course) voor nature cook because the focus is on veganfood and also a training nature health consultant. Now I am in the middle off it. And I did some training periods in kitchens where we cook fore around 150 people a day.
I learned how to count how much food you have to prepare for groups and also I did some experiments for cooking for people with allergies and off course cooking. Where I worked it was almost everything vegan.
Because I enjoyed it so much that we had in Finland a kitschen crew and now I do learn about cooking for big groups and love cooking I suggested to do the cooking for this week. Maybee Vegamouse will come over to help me. He is a home cook who has a very good feeling for food. You can call it nature art. He taste something and make it better than they prepaire it before.
So if every body like the idea to have a kitschen crew than I would pleasted to go for it.
And if there will come more than 20 people than it would be great to have everydinner somebody to help me with cutting the vegetables and helping wih cooking and cleaning. But that can be every day a different person.

I do have some ideas like for the breakfast: bread and porridge, for lunch soup & sallad with bread, and the evening good dinner. For the lunch and dinner it would be a idea to go for a theme like, one day Thai, one day Italian etc.
With off course some special dishes for people with food allergies.

Extra challange for me is to make varied food cheap as possible and spoil you.

What do you think about the whole idea? And would you give me the trust to go for it?
Carin

Postby XindestructibleX » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Yes spoil us and use us (our assistance in the kitchen), please !
INDESTRUCTIBLE
XindestructibleX

Postby JP » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 pm

carin if you are willing to do it, i bet you would make a lot of people happy :D

But we could rotate helping tasks, doing dishes etc, and also to cover you so you can go for some events as well?
JP
Site Admin

Postby ida » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I know that you are an excellent chef so I would trust you with the food anyday. :D

But I am wondering if you want to cook all week, do you dont want to participate in any of the sport activities?
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby baldy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:27 pm

The food at VFW 2008 in Finland was absolutely amazing! I remember there being a lot of people in the kitchen crew and them being super cool and working really hard to keep us fed.

Carin, how many people do you think you will need in your crew? Maybe we can draw up a rota? I like to think I am handy with a kitchen knife, would be keen to help.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Carin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 pm

8) Thanks all off you.

[quote="XindestructibleX"]Yes spoil us and use us (our assistance in the kitchen), please !

Thanks, if its needed I will ask

[quote="JP"]carin if you are willing to do it, i bet you would make a lot of people happy :D

But we could rotate helping tasks, doing dishes etc, and also to cover you so you can go for some events as well?

JP I love to do it. And maybe it’s a nice idea that one day somebody will do lunch so I can enjoy one of the activities but we will work it later out.

[quote="ida"]I know that you are an excellent chef so I would trust you with the food anyday. :D

But I am wondering if you want to cook all week, do you don’t want to participate in any of the sport activities?

Thanks Ida :)
Oh yeh it would be a great experience to go for it. And maybe one day I will enjoy the morning activities.

[quote="baldy"]The food at VFW 2008 in Finland was absolutely amazing! I remember there being a lot of people in the kitchen crew and them being super cool and working really hard to keep us fed.

Carin, how many people do you think you will need in your crew? Maybe we can draw up a rota? I like to think I am handy with a kitchen knife, would be keen to help.

It depends how people will come. But if people are needed than I think about you, and ask every day somebody else to help who likes.
If Vegamouse is coming over than I think we can manage a group of 30 together. But first lets see how many people will come and if they like they idea.
Carin

Postby Euphoric » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:55 pm

How about a dish washing competition? ;)
Euphoric

Postby tal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:10 pm

[quote="Euphoric"]How about a dish washing competition? ;)

I'd offer my services in the kitchen, but I'm hopeless. Point me at the sink and water, and I do my best work :P
tal

Postby bronco » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:48 pm

I think it would be excellent if you would be in charge of the cooking Carin :D . I'm also sure you can get as much help as you want from the other participants, it would be a shame if you didnt have time to participate in the activities :) .
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Carin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 pm

The dishwashing competition sounds fun. :lol:

This year it would be a big challenge to do the cooking. Because I love to cook, make it everybody feel comfortable but maybe I can also use it as learning goal for school. Whole week vegan cooking for vegans feels like a dream come true. Therefore I am prepared to sacrafice this years sportactivities in order to do the cooking.

But its good to see al the positief reactions and helping hand if help is needed.
Carin

Postby XindestructibleX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 am

Then it´s up to us really to see to it that no sacrifice is needed! Thankyou Carin for such a great spirit (always) ! Inspiring.
INDESTRUCTIBLE
XindestructibleX

Postby Vegamouse » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

[quote="Carin"]The dishwashing competition sounds fun. :lol:

This year it would be a big challenge to do the cooking. Because I love to cook, make it everybody feel comfortable but maybe I can also use it as learning goal for school. Whole week vegan cooking for vegans feels like a dream come true. Therefore I am prepared to sacrafice this years sportactivities in order to do the cooking.

But its good to see al the positief reactions and helping hand if help is needed.

I am quite prepared to share your sacrifice next year by helping you in your kitchen. Looking forward to the event !
Vegamouse

Postby XkillerX » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 am

And how about a food eating comp? :P
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby Carin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:25 am

Thanks for giving me the support to do the cooking at veganfitness :D . So we have to do dish washing and food eating competition. If they have a huge oven (but I don't think so) we can do pizza eating festival like they do in the US. Hm maybe better not, would be hard to do all those sports during the week.

If help is needed for the cutting work of anything else I will free to ask. I thought that the cutting work can be done before sporting. so nobody has to miss the sport activity.

I look very much foreward. And there will be a falafel evening......

If there are any food allergies , please let me know before the week so we can arrange a good meal for you too and think about special desserts etc.
Carin

Re: Food at Vegan fitness Week

Postby jakob » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 pm

i have been in the treatment of the Vegan fitness Cooking crew for a weekend in den haag.

I can just say: strongly approved & recommended!!!
jakob

Next

Return to Vegan Fitness Week Germany 2010