Travel Information, Travelgroups

Discussion forum for Vegan Fitness Week 2010, to be held in Germany.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Travel Information, Travelgroups

Postby baldy » Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 pm

[quote="Talyn"][quote="chronyx"]How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.

I am probably going to get a flight out to zurich, then train it from there.

Have you guys looked at flights yet, would be good to meet up and travel together from the UK. Should be a far number of folks coming from the UK.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby tal » Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

[quote="baldy"]Have you guys looked at flights yet, would be good to meet up and travel together from the UK. Should be a far number of folks coming from the UK.

Whereabouts will you be leaving from? Are you back in Ireland by then? I will be heading out from Luton or Heathrow.
tal

Postby Technotiger » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am

[quote=":x:"]is anybody going there from/via berlin?

Right now it seems I will be taking a bus from Stockholm to Berlin, and continueing by train from there. Also, will be heading back to Berlin after VFW. Travel company would be great.
Technotiger

Postby baldy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 am

[quote="Talyn"][quote="baldy"]Have you guys looked at flights yet, would be good to meet up and travel together from the UK. Should be a far number of folks coming from the UK.

Whereabouts will you be leaving from? Are you back in Ireland by then? I will be heading out from Luton or Heathrow.

Will be in Ireland, but dont think any flights go direct from Cork like. Let me know the flight you get on and I will try get on the same.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby tal » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:31 pm

We changed our plans slightly, will be heading to Zurich on the Friday night and spending the weekend there and get the train on the Monday.
tal

Postby Heinrich » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:03 am

[quote="Technotiger"][quote=":x:"]is anybody going there from/via berlin?

Right now it seems I will be taking a bus from Stockholm to Berlin, and continueing by train from there. Also, will be heading back to Berlin after VFW. Travel company would be great.

Anything booked yet?
I think Ill take the train instead of a car, too.
When do you arrive in Berlin?
Heinrich

Postby Technotiger » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm

[quote="Heinrich"]
Anything booked yet?
I think Ill take the train instead of a car, too.
When do you arrive in Berlin?

Hey!

Timetable is still open. But I guess I'll be few days (or probably whole weekend) in Berlin before heading to Singen and from Berlin we could go at the same time :) Drop me a mail to seppo (at) rbgi (dot) net, so will figure things out!
Technotiger

Postby osric » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:48 pm

I arrive in Zurich from the US on the morning of 21 Aug (fun redeye flight from JFK), then depart Zurich on the morning of 31 Aug (to JFK). That gives me some wiggle room to wander about a bit. Any suggestions on what to do? I haven't booked anywhere to stay, so I'm up for ideas... TIA - Rik
"Persistence is your greatest weapon." - Quentin Crisp
osric

Postby Heinrich » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 pm

We are taking the train from Berlin to Singen via Stuttgart the 23.08 at 0937.

Everyone feel free to join in.
Heinrich

Postby HumanGazelle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:36 pm

[quote="baldy"][quote="Talyn"][quote="baldy"]Have you guys looked at flights yet, would be good to meet up and travel together from the UK. Should be a far number of folks coming from the UK.

Will be in Ireland, but dont think any flights go direct from Cork like. Let me know the flight you get on and I will try get on the same.

What day are you planning heading out there Baldy? I'm thinking of the Sunday, possibly returning the next Sunday... but not really planned anything yet. I'll be travelling from Luton/Heathrow, so it would be good to go en masse.
HumanGazelle

Postby KaliBaby » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:55 pm

[quote="HumanGazelle"]I'm thinking of the Sunday, possibly returning the next Sunday... but not really planned anything yet. I'll be travelling from Luton/Heathrow, so it would be good to go en masse.

which airline? I'll be using easyjet on that Monday probably from either Gatwick or Luton and then have to come back on Saturday (in prep for handing in dissertation waaa).
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby KaliBaby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm

flights booked woo!!! will be arriving in Zurich at 9:20 a.m. on Monday. really hoping Jakob is right and that a train exists going to Singen otherwise I'm screwed haha.
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby stateofflux » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Kali there are trains for sure and it takes about 90 mins. Check here http://www.sbb.ch/en/ for Zurich to http://www.sbb.ch/en/ It looks like they are not that expensive either.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby jakob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am

jakob

Postby JP » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:50 pm

awesome mate, thanks.

So is it possible to arrive on sunday evening yet? Our flight times are a bit suboptimal... might just stay somewhere in zurich for the sunday night or something.
JP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Fitness Week Germany 2010