Travel Information, Travelgroups

Discussion forum for Vegan Fitness Week 2010, to be held in Germany.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Travel Information, Travelgroups

Postby soniczip » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:29 am

to anyone who might be interested.

i'll be in zurich from the 19th with my car, and i could have 2 seats available (1 is already taken) ... maybe 3, depending on how mach baggage you're bringing with you.

also, i found a very convenient and cheap hotel (25-30 euros / night).

please pm me for more details.

sz
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby osric » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:34 pm

[quote="dublin dave"][quote="KaliBaby"][quote="dublin dave"]I arrive at Zurich Airport at 1015 on Monday 23rd (Easyjet flight from Manchester)...

perhaps HumanGazelle and I can wait for you to arrive and all three of us can take the train together?

Yes please...x

Add me to the convoy out of Zurich on Monday! Which train were you thinking of?
"Persistence is your greatest weapon." - Quentin Crisp
osric

Postby HumanGazelle » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:33 pm

[quote="osric"]Add me to the convoy out of Zurich on Monday! Which train were you thinking of?

Cool - we'll head for the trains when dublin dave touches down... so I guess 10.30 in the airport arrivals area is a practical meeting time/place, and then we'll see how quick it is to get onto a train.

Looks like the next ones we can get from Zurich Airport to Singen are at the following times: 10.48, 11.01, 11.20 (don't know which of those we'll be able to catch). Being British, I never trust online train timetables, but we are hopefully looking at reliable Swiss and German technology instead :)
HumanGazelle

Postby jakob » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 am

yes.. the trains are usually 99% in time, so you can rely on that!
jakob

Postby stateofflux » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

[quote="HumanGazelle"][quote="osric"]Add me to the convoy out of Zurich on Monday! Which train were you thinking of?

Cool - we'll head for the trains when dublin dave touches down... so I guess 10.30 in the airport arrivals area is a practical meeting time/place, and then we'll see how quick it is to get onto a train.

Looks like the next ones we can get from Zurich Airport to Singen are at the following times: 10.48, 11.01, 11.20 (don't know which of those we'll be able to catch). Being British, I never trust online train timetables, but we are hopefully looking at reliable Swiss and German technology instead :)

Linnea, Sue, JP and I are coming on the later train. Probably after 14:00 if anyone wants to join that travel group.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby tuc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 am

I will be there monday evening if all goes well. I might be a bit tired since it takes ~ 35 hours to travel by boat and train.

Then a couple of days sporting and then the same thing back, and off to work on monday. :D

I will be in Stockholm on sunday evening, then I'll take a train to Singen which takes 22½ hours. Same way back and I have to be back in Stockholm on 29th evening.
tuc

Postby stateofflux » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 pm

OK many of us arriving in Zürich on Monday have agreed to get some lunch in Zürich city before catching the train to Singen. Likely after 14:00. Samses, they do have vegan tiramisu after all!

I don't know Zürich at all but how about we rendezvous at Zürich Hauptbahnhof's meeting point?
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Me, xkillerx, his girlfriend and Liat will arrive in singen sunday evening. Looking forward to it :) .
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby osric » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:35 am

[quote=".flux"]OK many of us arriving in Zürich on Monday have agreed to get some lunch in Zürich city before catching the train to Singen. Likely after 14:00. Samses, they do have vegan tiramisu after all!

I don't know Zürich at all but how about we rendezvous at Zürich Hauptbahnhof's meeting point?

I'm about to head from my hotel to the Zurich HB train station. There are tons of trains that pass through Singen, I may take the 1:10.

Say hi if any of you happen upon me :) in sure I'll look completely lost! -Rik
"Persistence is your greatest weapon." - Quentin Crisp
osric

Previous

Return to Vegan Fitness Week Germany 2010