Travel Information, Travelgroups

Discussion forum for Vegan Fitness Week 2010, to be held in Germany.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Travel Information, Travelgroups

Postby jakob » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:07 pm

This thread is for travel information and travelgroups.

If you come by car please post here from where you come and if you have seats free

By Car:
Waldheim Sennhof
Roseneggstr. 31
78224 Singen

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.de/maps?q=47.7492,8.821936&num=1&t=h&sll=47.74889,8.82252&sspn=0.002143,0.004823&ie=UTF8&z=18

By Train:

Train Station "Singen am Hohentwiel" and then 10-15 minutes by feet

By Plane:

Airports Zurich in Switzerland (ZRH)
and Friedrichshafen (FDH) are ~ 70 km away.
Trains from there go directly or 1 stop to Singen.
Ryan Air flies to Friedrichshafen.

Here is a local map how to get there:

Travel Groups:

XkillerX
"By car, unless I find more vegans by summer I will most probably have 2 or 3 seats available.

Will travel either through Budapest and Wien or through Croatia and Slovenia."
Last edited by jakob on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
jakob

Postby JP » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:28 pm

wow, just on the border with swizerland!
JP
Site Admin

Postby XkillerX » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:36 am

By car, unless I find more vegans by summer I will most probably have 2 or 3 seats available.

Will travel either through Budapest and Wien or through Croatia and Slovenia.

Can you get an accurate GPS reading for the destination?
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby jakob » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:41 am

[quote="XkillerX"]

Can you get an accurate GPS reading for the destination?

what is a GPS reading? i think the google maps link is quite accurate.
i might ask a friend who has a GPS
jakob

Postby XkillerX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:12 am

It can be something like 29.199505, -90.041242 or in DMS format: e.g. +29° 11' 58.22", -90° 2' 28.47"
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Re: Travel Information, Travelgroups

Postby chronyx » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:02 pm

How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.
chronyx

Postby tal » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:38 pm

[quote="chronyx"]How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.

I am probably going to get a flight out to zurich, then train it from there.
tal

Postby chronyx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeah, looks like the easiest way!
chronyx

Postby The Duke » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:29 pm

[quote="chronyx"]How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.

The English people will expect the event to be bought to them and for everyone to speak clear perfect English (except for themselves who will of course speak "foreign" to "foreigners" - in case you are unaware this consists of either shouting or muttering English phrases in a vaguely French, German, or Spanish accent - I should point out that the English are unaware of any other foreign countries than France, Germany, Spain and somewhere called Brussells in a country called Europe where they make unfair rules for us. Gypsies, Poles, Africans and Pakistanis come from somewhere in Europe called Asylum Seeker.) There is of course the USA which is a state of Canada and was responsible for World War 2 when it invaded Pearl Harbour in the European principality of Japan in 1914. I have just rememboured that we also know of a country called Argentina (off the coast of Spain) which invaded some Islands off the coast of Scotland in 1982 resulting in a complicated naval campagn by England which inexplicably involved sailing to Scotland via the South Pole. No one in England is entirely sure where Northern Ireland, Southern Island, The Irish Republic, Eire, Erin begin or end or if it is, in fact, different from France.

English and Proud. :D :wink:
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby mouche » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:11 pm

[quote="The Duke"][quote="chronyx"]How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.

The English people will expect the event to be bought to them and for everyone to speak clear perfect English (except for themselves who will of course speak "foreign" to "foreigners" - in case you are unaware this consists of either shouting or muttering English phrases in a vaguely French, German, or Spanish accent - I should point out that the English are unaware of any other foreign countries than France, Germany, Spain and somewhere called Brussells in a country called Europe where they make unfair rules for us. Gypsies, Poles, Africans and Pakistanis come from somewhere in Europe called Asylum Seeker.) There is of course the USA which is a state of Canada and was responsible for World War 2 when it invaded Pearl Harbour in the European principality of Japan in 1914. I have just rememboured that we also know of a country called Argentina (off the coast of Spain) which invaded some Islands off the coast of Scotland in 1982 resulting in a complicated naval campagn by England which inexplicably involved sailing to Scotland via the South Pole. No one in England is entirely sure where Northern Ireland, Southern Island, The Irish Republic, Eire, Erin begin or end or if it is, in fact, different from France.

Amazing :lol: I have just read this out to my mum and couldn't make it through without cracking up. Haven't cried laughing in a few weeks, highly refreshing (especially after a few days immersed in my French family's humour which hasn't been funny for 20 years and unfortunately, despite the same jokes being made at every meal at every family gathering, is not proving to be an acquired taste nor to age gracefully).

Sorry, completely off topic but I couldn't let that piece of quality prose slip by unpraised.
Great Vegan Expectations
mouche

Postby The Duke » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:46 pm

[quote="mouche"][quote="The Duke"][quote="chronyx"]How are the English people getting there? Just trying to work out cost of flying vs. motorbiking it.

Amazing :lol: I have just read this out to my mum and couldn't make it through without cracking up. Haven't cried laughing in a few weeks, highly refreshing (especially after a few days immersed in my French family's humour which hasn't been funny for 20 years and unfortunately, despite the same jokes being made at every meal at every family gathering, is not proving to be an acquired taste nor to age gracefully).

Sorry, completely off topic but I couldn't let that piece of quality prose slip by unpraised.

I thank you! <<Takes Bow :) >>

Now, if only more people could take the piss out of their national identity, Religion, Social tradition, we might actually avoid WW3? :?
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby :x: » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm

is anybody going there from/via berlin?
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Postby tal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:41 pm

[quote=":x:"]is anybody going there from/via berlin?

Maybe, depends on work. I was hoping to spend the weekend there before VFW.
tal

Postby :x: » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

alright :) if anybody needs a place to stay in berlin before/after the vfw feel free to ask...
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Postby XkillerX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 pm

[quote="The Duke"]Now, if only more people could take the piss out of their national identity, Religion, Social tradition, we might actually avoid WW3? :?

The national sport of serbia is war! It's been 11 years of peace (minus a revolution and some assasinations, but that doesn't count), so the general populace is getting very edgy recently! So it's taken out on bloody foreigners! I tell you, foreigners are the number one problem of this country! Whenever I go out to the street I have to tussle away all the foreign tourists just to make it to work. If I happen to use public transport I have to put up with the smell of bloody foreigners. Bringing their money here and exploring different cultures (or the lack thereof) and looking up all the beautiful sights which are here. Bloody right they are! Descendents of gods, thus the legend says! So foreigners should take heed and move on to bloody bulgaria, yeah, speaking of which, war should be declared upon them promptly. Purely out of recreation.

Now Hungary, you might ask?

That's a completely different affair. Ever since the invention of suicide Hungary has been slowly but surely climbing to the top of the world charts! (and by top of the world charts, I mean number of suicides per populace). Hell yes, if there aren't any hills and mountains to climb, then Hungarians might as well climb to some kind of world top, no? Gringos will pout and complain that the country is just plain fucking flat, one big boring landscape connecting the alps with the karpats, here and there interrupted by a boring little lakes or the world's #1 most boring formula 1 race track and such! Well they just don't know how to enjoy, tell ya what. 'It used to be the bottom of the sea, 'twas. And one fine day the sea will return, you'll see. Then all the friskies will die of jealously while the hungarians get to act out their own waterworld (which once again critics declared the #1 boring world top chart film of all times). Topping the world charts, and then some!
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Next

Return to Vegan Fitness Week Germany 2010