Wanting info for Sweden Visit

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Wanting info for Sweden Visit

Postby Oak » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:33 am

Heya!

I'm heading over to Sweden on the 22nd of November and I'm meeting a friend on the 24th so I've got a couple of days free to wander.

Anybody want to meet?
Can anybody recommend good salads in Stockholm or surround?

It's my first time to Sweden, i'm pretty excited. I don't have long to learn much of the language but i'll try and drill in the basics.

It's great my flight in total cost £40. I mean I am flying from airports that have moats and fangorn type forests to fight my way through to get there...but it's a bargin...i mean crossing 40km of desert....that's free!

Oak :)
Oak

Postby ida » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:12 am

Great that you are coming to Sweden! :D It would be great to meet up!

About the salads - I am not a great expert in that department :oops: but I am sure there are many great places to find good food at. "Organic green" is the only restaurant that I can think of just now, but there are probably many more. Will have to look into this a bit more.
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby bronco » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:18 pm

I want to meet up of course :D ! Cool that you are coming to sweden! Can't reccomend any good salads though I'm afraid :oops: .
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Tofuelain » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:13 pm

how about Hermans for that salad? it's a nice place.

the most important thing you have to know is 'jag är vegan' = 'i'm vegan' :)
Tofuelain

Postby fredrikw » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:14 pm

hey oak, great to hear you're coming to sweden :D you know you can always crash at my place, I'll take good care of you ;) organic green is probably your best option when it comes to raw food, Hermans is indeed a good place but I don't know how much they have that's raw.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby loveliberate » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:14 pm

Oak,
I'd love to hear how your trip goes! My interest in visiting the Nordic countries grows by the day. :D
loveliberate

Postby RAZ » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:41 pm

Are you traveling around at all, or will you be staying in Stockholm?
If you are heading in the direction of Gothenburg then I'd gladly meet up and show you around. :D
/raz
"Drink some concrete and harden up"
RAZ

Postby fredrikw » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:58 pm

or better yet, jump on a train/bus and come up to stockholm to meet up as well raz :D
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby ida » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:33 am

I think that sounds like a plan raz. you need to come to Stockholm :)

(and I love your new signature, it's from that Filip & Fredrik show right?)
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby RAZ » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:06 am

[quote="ida"]I think that sounds like a plan raz. you need to come to Stockholm :)

(and I love your new signature, it's from that Filip & Fredrik show right?)

Sure, I'll just magic up some spare time and jump on a train to Stockholm. :?
Actually, I will see how much I have on my plate by then because it would be nice to get away from my appartment and also nice to see some of you again.

As for the signature. I'm stoked that you know what it is from! I was getting stomach cramps while watching that guy. :lol: I want to get his cd.
"Drink some concrete and harden up"
RAZ

Postby fredrikw » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:39 pm

[quote="RAZ"]Sure, I'll just magic up some spare time and jump on a train to Stockholm. :?

fantastic, then that's settled :D

[quote]Actually, I will see how much I have on my plate by then because it would be nice to get away from my appartment and also nice to see some of you again.

that would be really great if you could make it here then. or any other time for that matter :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Oak » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:30 pm

Hallo Swedish friends!

Phew just had a crazy week by putting myself down for shifts at the nightclub i work at and then getting random temping office jobs during the day...I am recovered now I think! Really looking forward to this trip now.

It'd be amazing to hang out and when I come over, i'd love to get to know the Sweden too.

I get in on the Wednesday night...and I don't have to meet my friend until Friday at 5ish. Also I have the Monday after the weekend free too! Because my flight is quite late at 22:00...mind you the stockholm airport that I have to get too is probably in Norway...

Let me if any of you are going to be free! on the 22nd (night), 23rd, 24th (Daytime) or 27th. I can bring the cookies!

Oak

:)
Oak

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews