Birmingham hotel

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Birmingham hotel

Postby vayu » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:37 pm

hello to all dress in Switzerland and February I will o to Birmingham and it would appeal to to find a hotel to me vegan if it exists.… ah close to center NEC well or goes well in the zone of Birmingham. Thanks. Hello to all :D thanks
vayu

Postby Alice1986 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:32 am

Hello,

I saw your post and thought that I would hit reply since I'm from Birmingham. Finding a Vegan hotel might be quite difficult, but there are ways to get around it. If you were to find a bed and breakfast type set up, and then sort yourself out foodwise for other times of day, that might prove to be easier.

If you want to be close to the NEC, then ideally you need to be situated in Brindley place (off the canal) or somewhere along Broad Street. Other areas which are close in, such as Edgbaston may be an idea. The buses and trains are fairly reliable so it wouldn't be hard to find you way around, though being on Broad Street or Brindley Place would be better still as you'd be able to walk literally everywhere in the city centre.

http://www.city-visitor.com/birmingham/hotels.html

Here is a link to a list of hotels in the area. If you need to buy in some Vegan friendly food, there are various eateries in the city centre which would cater for a Vegan diet. I think there are links on this site to places in Birmingham which are Vegan friendly, and there are many other members from Birmingham on here too.

I shall see what I can dig up which will be of use to you. Sorry I can't suggest a Vegan/Vegetarian hotel though... That'll be the day! I had a similar problem when trying to find somewhere to stay up in Newcastle. Travelling can be particularly difficult!
Alice1986

Postby SJ » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:52 pm

I don't know Birmingham well but stayed there on a course last year.

From what I remember, there were some hotels around the NEC but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there without a car.

Have you thought about a short stay apartment instead? Some of the prices are comparable to hotels and you'd have your own kitchen if you wanted to cook.

I stayed in one (Premier Apartments) in the centre of town. It was around 5 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street station, which has a direct rail link to the NEC. The apartment was almost new, really clean and opposite a big shopping centre, if that appeals. Quick Hotels do discounted rates for it,
http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/xml ... MAod5QzJ_w
but you may find better rates (or other places) if you look some more.
SJ

Postby Alice1986 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Ooops just re-read my post. I always mix up the NIA and the NEC. Apologies! But yes... To be near to the town centre would still be best as you'll have the easiest access to everywhere.
Alice1986

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews