Have booked a spa break

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Have booked a spa break

Postby alit » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:02 pm

Am all excited! Just booked a spa break in October 1/2 term :D

Going with mum to Springs health farm for 3 days of relaxing and pampering and fitness activities. They are fine about cooking vegan too :D the whole place is focussing on healthy eating and lifestyle. Masses of interesting healthy salads, and a pasta and stir fry bar.

Got 2 free treatments included - head in the clouds head massage and spa cocoon body treatment :D Have emailed and they say its all natural oils and their own brand and clarins are not tested - they have ingredients list so say i can check whats ok for me as a vegan.

There a big pool there and a good gym with lots of classes.

Have been several times to Springs over the years - wonderful place!

http://www.champneys.com/resort_springs.asp

Alison :D
alit

Postby pelicanAndrew » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Oh man, i could go for a good massage right now.

Doesn't surprise me that a HEALTH spa would be vegan friendly.

Sounds like you're going to have a kick butt time. :D
pelicanAndrew

Postby alit » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:52 pm

This place is really good - have been several times over the years and they even offered soya milk like 6 years ago.

I have said i will ring to speak to the catering staff nearer the time to remind them, and as im intollerant to cashew nuts (be a shame if they did a nutroast and i couldnt eat it!)

They can even do wheat free or sugar free vegan diets, and asked if i drink wine as they need to order vegan wine in if i do (wine is only allowed in small amounts with main evening meals)

Will ask for soya yoghurt too to go with all the nice stewed fruits they do at breakfast! wonderful with seed mix on the top :D

I remember going to one health spa years ago and every meal included cream or mayo??? didnt know about my egg intollerance then so it made me so ill, all the rich food :cry:
alit

Postby surfchic » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:50 am

Oh my gosh alit that sounds so wonderful!

You are definitely very lucky to be able to go there, I'm jealous - will have to have a look-see if there's anything at all like that over here.

Enjoy!
Work is for people who don't know how to surf.... :)
surfchic

Postby alit » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:28 pm

Well im back I went to the spa Springs Tue to Thu.

Very nice and relaxing, spent lots of time in the gym, classes and spa and pool (had the huge pool to myself at 7am!) treatments were good - all natural oils used, and ingredients lists available for me to check!

I had given advance notice of needing vegan foods. They produced some very nice meals - including tofu stir fry, soups, peppers filled with beans and lentils, rice pasta with vegan sauce, vegan rice pudding, exotic fruit platters, vegan wheat free musli with friuts, nuts and seeds available with all meals too. The lunch chef got confused as he thought a vegan was dairy free but could eat fish and meat :roll: but once i explained he agreed and would know for future guests.

Soya milk was always available and soya yoghurts.

I have taken some photos which Il add in the photo section later.

Nice to see a good effort on the vegan food :D

Alison :D
alit

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews