Vegan friendly places Stratford upon avon

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Vegan friendly places Stratford upon avon

Postby alit » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:23 am

Hi

Hope to go to Stratford upon avon tomorrow and Wellsbourne market. Anyone aware of anywhere to get vegan food in Stratford?

Not been for years, there use to be a good health shop but no idea if its still there?

Otherwise its a jacket pot and beans :roll: nice but not unusual! or could take my own lunch...

Thanks
Alison :D
alit

Postby alit » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:42 pm

Went today, didnt see any places selling vegan foods, but there is still a fab health shop!

Got 2 rather nice veggie/bean burritos from their deli and hummus/tortilla chips and a pack of roasted sunflower seeds, also big selection tub of garlic,olives, mushrooms etc from a food fair.

As expected Wellsbourne market was full of grotty burger bars - my 'picnic' was observed by many - several asked where is that from? think they were fed up with the non stop burger bars!

Alison :D
alit

Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:49 pm

It's funny when people come up to you and go "wow that looks great!" and then you tell them it's vegan and they slowly walk away. :lol:
pelicanAndrew

Postby alit » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:44 pm

It did have that effect on most who went off for their chips, but i did get a few questions asked. It had taken me a while to find a seat away from those horrible meaty smells!

Also i went into a small gift shop and saw a watch i wanted - asked if it was leather and was told no, when i said it was because i was vegan i got into a good discussion with the assistant who is veggie but doesnt eat much dairy and just has free range eggs. I chatted away about how i was the same for years and how happy/healthier i am since going vegan...

This young lady is now going to try more vegan meals/days, and hopes to gradually make the move to going vegan :D

Always good that!
alit

Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm

I love slowly converting people through conversation. I've offered to help people. I think they're honestly just afraid of the social ramifications.

I have yet to deemed to weird to hang out with. Plenty of friends. Some people just aren't secure enough.

In other awesome vegan expidition news, i found a health food store whose workers are vegans or vegetarians and oddly enough hardcore christians. I deem anyone who puts the 10 commandments on their wall pretty hardcore into religion. :lol: They said they can special order pretty much anything that i want. I bought some Glutamine, rice protein, amys bean and rice burritos, Goji berries, hemp granola bars and some cocoa powder and trail mix.

And... THEY HAD GOOD VEGAN CHEESE!!! YESSSSSS!!!! :D

I know what you mean about the meat smells. I had to sit in the path of smoke off of a grill they were having today. Very yicky, until i had some lovely Boca burgers.
pelicanAndrew

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews