barcelona

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

barcelona

Postby runner » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:57 am

hi /holas

is there anyone here from or nearby barcelona?

or do you have tips about the city?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby floraluna » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi runner,

I don't live in Barcelona, but two years ago I spent a summer in Spain and we lived in Barcelona for about a month. It was great! Are you going there for a visit? I didn't have much trouble being vegan in Spain, though when we were in smaller towns I really had to work at it sometimes! In Barcelona it was easy! Definitely check out Juicy Jones (just off La Rambla- any guidebook should have it listed- fantastic vegan cafe with sandwiches, entrees, all sorts of great smoothies and juices) and search online for other eateries! We were staying in an apartment with a friend so mostly shopped the markets and cooked at home. Some tapas are vegan, but usually only a few out of the many offerings, in my experience!
As for exercise, I didn't join any gyms but did run and swim along the waterfront and in some of the parks (check out a map and go)- you can get some great hill workouts!
Have fun! If you find someone who lives in Barcelona I'm sure they can give you better info but if you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them!

Flora
Wishing you a happy, healthy and peaceful day!
floraluna

Postby runner » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:07 pm

thanks flora,

I'll stay 4 or 5 weeks.. I've been to jucy jones it is great.. in a room with friends.. All info is welcome .. my past experiances food wise were pretty bad lost 5kg in 3 weeks!!!

but this time i can cook a bit myself i guess..

looking forward to it.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews