Spas and Turkish Baths

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Spas and Turkish Baths

Postby PaulMarsh » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:55 pm

Anyone else use these regularly to keep weight down and to recharge the batteries? I also find they are great for sorting out my sinuses and skin.

Over the past few years I have visited baths in Slovenia, Hungary, Iceland, and Germany, as well as London.

As Bath Spa is now reopening in June (god knows how many years behind schedule) that is next on the list.
PaulMarsh

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:35 pm

I try to have a sauna and steam once a week in my gym ('try' being the time factor and the need for a swimming costume - which I'd forgot today :x ). It's my little treat to myself, as I find it really relaxing - for as long as I can sit still without thinking of 1000 things that I "really" have to do! Works a treat on my skin as well :)
Malcolms Billy

Postby chloe » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:01 am

yeah when i lived in NZ and in scotland i would have a sauna at least once a week , and in Korea everyday for about three hours<!!!! but here its reasonably expensive, and i just dont go anymore, but i looove to sauna, it feels so good for you.
chloe

Postby stateofflux » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 am

me! me! I love spas. Anything watery and warm in fact.

The Bath Spa is taking forever, I remember checking the website out a couple of years ago, what a fiasco. Is it really going to be ready in June?

We went to Centre Parcs (*cringe*) recently mainly because I wanted to use the fantastic Aqua Sana spa. Ended up spending 3 evenings in the spa :oops: I'd say it was one of the best I've been in, though the Thermae 2000 in Holland is pretty cool as well, and affordable.

Which spas are your favourite Paul?
stateofflux
Site Admin

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews