Vegan London

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan London

Postby alit » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:43 pm

Looks like I might be in London in Feb, only for 1 night.

I know there are tons of places serving vegan food but which do people think are the best? Would be looking for ideas for both lunch and dinner, are there any good vegan friendly buffet style places in the centre? Would be on my own - the buffet style places seem friendly and low key to eat on my own!

Will also be locating planet organic or fresh and wild to have a bit of a shop as reckon they will have a wider choice than my local health stores.

Have got a vegan guide to London bookmarked somewhere...........

Thanks Alison :D
alit

Postby mango » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:56 pm

There's a vegan thai/chinese buffet in Great Chapel St, off Oxford St. There are others in the centre but this is the best one. I went on Saturday and they had real seaweed, soya duck pancakes, steamed dumplings, loads of stuff. I often go on my own. I'm always trying to find an excuse to go to London so I can eat there.

Also the Indian veggie buffets down the side of Euston station are mostly vegan. They'll tell you what's what.

I've heard there is a more elaborate vegan chinese restaurant somewhere, but don't know where it is.
Going shopping? Take a carrier bag to re-use.
mango

Postby alit » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Cheers for that, sounds good! Have not been to London since going vegan so looking foward to all the choice and well stocked health stores :D

Travelodge has some £10 and £26 room offers on which has tempted me!

Alison
alit

Postby GenTDuke » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:11 pm

Theres two vegan buffet places in soho greek st, just behinf totenham ct rd, there both really good. I know theres a few more in camden and soho somewere but I havent explored them yet.
GenTDuke

Postby FormicaLinoleum » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:17 am

I'm interested as well as my girlfriend and I will be in London in March for a week to attend my brother's graduation. We'll be in a hotel so we'll be doing plenty of restaurant eating.

We're especially interested to know if anyone knows of a place that serves a good vegan breakfast, full English breakfast kinda style.
- Liz
FormicaLinoleum

Postby daisy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:47 am

http://www.rootsofcompassion.org/newsho ... d1f2f2d7c4

a cheap book about vegetarian (and vegan) london

:-)
Last edited by daisy on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.vegan.at - http://www.veganisnormal.com - http://www.veganmania.at
daisy

Postby RAZ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:14 am

http://www.veganlondon.freeserve.co.uk/

http://www.londonvegans.freeserve.co.uk/

I used these when I was there and found them very useful!
Raz
"Drink some concrete and harden up"
RAZ

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:06 am

Head for Soho I reckon, you have a couple of all you can eat buffets, Beatroot, Red Veg, and loads more. Plus there is a huge Fresh & Wild!!!
ultra_whippet

Postby Tarz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:19 am

I think Pogo Cafe in Hackney does a breakfast. Not sure if they are open every day.

Neal's Yard in Covent Garden has a place with loadsa vegan options. There is a little vegan restaurant in Covent Garden too, Food for Thought I think.

There is a Planet Organic near Euston/Warren Street/Russell Square on Torrington Place.
Tarz

Postby Veganbiker » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm

There are loads of vegan/vegetarian indians in south london, i ate at a buffet in tooting last week out of about 15 dishes there were 3 i couldn't eat but the staff were really helpful.

Also in Finchley there is Rani another Vege indian place, the menu is fantastic it lists gluten, dairy, sugar, nuts, eggs in a symbol type system so you whats in and not in each dish.

In kingstone there is the vege society restaurant of the year called riverside something which is really cool - probably onlt second to tai., and opposite is a pizza express if you don't fancy curry!!

i hope this helps have fun!
Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgement
Veganbiker

Postby alit » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:51 pm

Cheers - a great selection - will work my way thru a few of them!

Alison :D
alit

Postby mango » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:12 pm

how much can you eat in one day? Pace yourself!
Going shopping? Take a carrier bag to re-use.
mango

Postby infenix » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:02 am

What do Indians have for breakfast?
infenix

Postby JP » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:35 am

infenix wrote:What do Indians have for breakfast?

Muesli?

;)
JP
Site Admin

Postby alit » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Well i will be in London Fri/Sat. Planning on a visit to one of the vegan buffet places, then somewhere Camden way Sat, and a take out meal for the train home!

What i need to locate is somewhere good for vegan cake or a tofu cheescake in central London! Well im only in London once a year or so :D

Have got an idea that Fresh n Wild will sell cake but will have to see what else i can find........................

Am even considering taking a small case on wheels - will be nearly empty going but planning to stock up at the health shops as London always seems to have unusual vegan goodies!

Oh might fit in some sightseeing and shopping too (not just food related things :lol: )

Alison :D
alit

Next

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews