Vancouver

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Postby loveliberate » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:09 am

WooHoo - we made it!

The family and I have been in Vancouver for about a day now but this was my first chance to hop online. I'll try to get online at least once a day whenever I can. By the way, can anyone suggest any free or low-cost internet options around town? I'm staying near Commercial & Hastings so ideally it would be nice to have an option near here.

My first impressions of Vancouver are very positive overall, though costs are higher than I expected for most things. I welcome all tips on cool free & cheap stuff in the area. So far the 2 for $1 samosa's in the Punjabi Market are the best deal we've found.

I'd still love to meet-up with any & all VF folks who live in the area -Please PM me if ya want to hang out!

Dave, we are still undecided on whether or not we can afford the trip over to the island but if we come it will probably be on wednesday.

Bye for now.
Last edited by loveliberate on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
loveliberate

Postby JP » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:45 am

hey nice one!

Loveliberate - would you be up for coming up to vancouver again in June?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Dave Noisy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 am

[quote="loveliberate"]Dave, we are still undecided on whether or not we can afford the trip over to the island but if we come it will probably be on wednesday.

Cool - email me direct if you do!! (See previous page!)
Dave Noisy

Postby Dave Noisy » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 am

[quote="Keegan"]Dave Noisy - Maybe we can have a rock lifting contest w/photos? 8)

You're on!!!

I'll go hit the styrofoam shop...

;)
Dave Noisy

Postby loveliberate » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:18 pm

I'm back at home now. If time permits, I'll post about my experiences & impressions in Vancouver.

Dave, we will have to hook up anouther time - Victoria just didnt work for us this trip. I hope to check out your city and the island someday soon.

Veganmonk, Thanks for everything. We greatly enjoyed meeting you, as well as having dinner with you and your friends. Please keep in touch!
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby veganmonk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:39 pm

Great meeting you and your family too. It was very refreshing to see an entire family with children be entirely vegan since birth. Still can't get over how well behaved and cute they were. Also the eldest seemed very mature. The firestarter was also amusing :wink: I hope the food was OK, but by the sounds of it you and your wife know how to cook up a storm so it may not have been great. I would have liked to have you try Paradise as well but time didn't permit I suppose...
veganmonk

Postby Dave Noisy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:25 pm

[quote="loveliberate"]Dave, we will have to hook up anouther time - Victoria just didnt work for us this trip. I hope to check out your city and the island someday soon.

Cool beans, will catch ya next time. Good trip tho?
Dave Noisy

Postby loveliberate » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:04 am

[quote="veganmonk"]Great meeting you and your family too. It was very refreshing to see an entire family with children be entirely vegan since birth. Still can't get over how well behaved and cute they were. Also the eldest seemed very mature. The firestarter was also amusing :wink: I hope the food was OK, but by the sounds of it you and your wife know how to cook up a storm so it may not have been great. I would have liked to have you try Paradise as well but time didn't permit I suppose...

We are very fortunate to have such healthy, strong, smart and all around wonderful kids. I like to think that their having been vegan since before birth helps! :D

The firestarter?

For those who weren't there, try picturing me & veganmonk chatting away and then: "Dad... Hey Daddy.... DADDY!!!" as smoke goes everywhere while my 8yo tries to burn down the vegan restaraunt....

AWESOME!!! :twisted:

The food at Dharma was good - I really liked to fresh juice concoction!

We do cook very well in my opinion but I hope that you'll visit and we can let ya see for yourself! "Little Beirut" (name comes from a Bush senior quote following protests against his visit years ago) has lots of great and inexpensive places to eat out too.

We actually had lunch at Paradise right before heading south. The prices were amoung the most reasonable we found while in BC and Jen really loved the Vietnamese veggie subs - thanks for suggesting the place!
Last edited by loveliberate on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby loveliberate » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:06 am

[quote="Dave Noisy"] Cool beans, will catch ya next time. Good trip tho?

All in all, it was a great trip and I hope we will make it up to BC again soon & often. Likewise, I hope lots of you reading this will stop though my area for a visit!
loveliberate

Postby veganmonk » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:29 am

I'm positive the vegan before birth is beneficial... I mean your one daughter had that super powerful karma chi ability where her energy propels chairs without even touching them. Amazing.

That's awesome that you got to try Paradise.

Hopefully I will plan a trip down soon - sounds like a great place and the food alone will be worth it =)
veganmonk

Postby RobertCheeke » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:17 am

I'm pretty sure I'll be there in June! My schedule opened up recently to become a bit more flexible.

See you all then!

-Rob
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Postby veganmonk » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:08 am

Awesome Keegan.

Can I take you around town like show and tell and say "look - he's vegan! see!!!!!"

lol
veganmonk

Postby JP » Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 am

hey which weekdays would be good for people for the meetup, if there is going to be one?
JP
Site Admin

Postby loveliberate » Tue May 09, 2006 6:11 pm

JP,
As it stands now, Friday. Job stuff will be changing soon for me and that will change too. Do ya think ya'll can make it down to Portland at all?
loveliberate

Postby JP » Wed May 10, 2006 7:32 am

no mate, portland is way off - and we are staying firmly in canadian soil :D Only 2 weeks time, and so much to see and experience in BC already.
JP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews