Ljubliana

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Ljubliana

Postby thestoatyone » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:54 am

Went to Slovenia recently, stayed in the capital.

Beautifull place, and quite a number of vegan fooderies; Health food shops, small cafes, a loving hut etc.

Highlight though was Bobincek on the Trubarjeva Cesta, the best and cheapest: seitan wraps, falafel and zuccini Burek (a sort of filo pastry roll as long as your arm) Chilled out punky type staff with excellent English who were very polite about my mangled attempts at speaking Slovenian too...

Metalkova Mesto was cool to look around: old army barracks made into a squat and art gallery/gig venue/collective. We only went there in the day, but apparently it's where all the night life of note happens.

Lake Bled (about an hour or two up the road) was insanely beautiful too, and sploshing around in a row boat was my only real exercise for the week...

No idea why it's not a major tourist attraction. Well worth a visit.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Re: Ljubliana

Postby blinki » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 pm

I really like Ljubliana, I stayed in the hotel in Metalkova but was 16 and with the place I volunteered so was told if I was going out it had to be elsewhere so they didn't see me. I was vegetarian at the time and struggled, there was a lot of chips and pasta so it's nice to know things have improved cause that was a major reason for me not to go back.
blinki

Postby mo! » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:21 pm

pictures?! :mrgreen:
mo!

Postby thestoatyone » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Maybe...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews