Another Amsterdam/Netherlands thread.

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Another Amsterdam/Netherlands thread.

Postby sergio » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:36 pm

I'm going to spend a few weeks travelling around there. I was hoping even to find a job for the summer and stay a few months if possible. It's there any site, fb group or message board to find vegan/vegetarian flatmates? I know there's things like that for some other cities, so I'm asking just in case somebody knows.

Also, I'm not really interested in fancy restaurants (tight budget, I'm most likely to follow an imposed 30-bananas-a-day-diet for a few days), but advices on cheap and easily available vegan food are welcome too.

Also any friendly gym to have spare single sessions? A squat rack, a few dumbells and a push up bar would be enough.

Any tip/advice is welcome. Thanks.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Re: Another Amsterdam/Netherlands thread.

Postby runner » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Shall we meet next weekend?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm looking forward to it, Emile. Having a crazy schedule so far. Saturday?

Any other VF'er around?
sergio

Postby sergio » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:17 pm

It turns out I can't this weekend, as usual. But some good news, I found today a full time job (whoa!), Rijksmuseum area. So, I'll stay a little bit longer and we need to meet eventually no matter what!

By the way. It's a bummer almost all of that fancy "vegetarische" stuff in AJ supermarkets isn't vegan. :roll:

First dutch word I've learned: "ei"
sergio

Postby mo! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:28 am

Thats cool, you get to stay in Amsterdam longer :)
Once i was roaming around that town and went to the Rijksmuseum for, ofc, the Nightwatch. It was ok, but not as "whoa" as i expected. But than i walked past this one: Image
and i sat down and stared at it. In real it looks just intense. Ive never sat down to look at a painting for longer. Im not that person ;) ....but this one...damn. Maybe its still there...if so...GO THERE! FIND IT! BRING IT TO ME!! ;)

The fries in front of the Main Station are vegan :mrgreen: ...and good. no Eieren ;) ...

Enjoy the time!
mo!

Postby sergio » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:14 pm

[quote="mo!"]Enjoy the time!

Thanks mo! I'll try. I really hope I don't screw this job, my english can be shitty sometimes :roll:

I haven't visited Rijksmuseum yet (shame on me) but sure, I'll grab that one if nobody's watching. It's going to look awesome in your living room!

But first I need to find where to buy tempeh :)
sergio

Postby Vegan Amsterdam » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:41 pm

For anyone living in or visiting Amsterdam, last year we created a website on everything vegan related in Amsterdam. Restaurant and shop addresses, news, events, a supermarket guide and vegan Dutch recipes. Check it out at www.veganamsterdam.org or visit www.facebook.com/VeganAmsterdam
Vegan Amsterdam

Postby loveliberate » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 pm

Cool stuff! Please be sure to post here on VF about news, events, etc. :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Jack678 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:00 pm

[quote="Vegan Amsterdam"]For anyone living in or visiting Amsterdam, last year we created a website on everything vegan related in Amsterdam. Restaurant and shop addresses, news, events, a supermarket guide and vegan paris cdg transfer Dutch recipes. Check it out at http://www.veganamsterdam.org or visit http://www.facebook.com/VeganAmsterdam

links look nice! thanks!
Jack678

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews