Veggie food and cycling in the Highlands?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Veggie food and cycling in the Highlands?

Postby gee*dee » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey everyone,

My OH and I are going on a boating trip through CaleyCruisers in a week's tie, sailing down the Caledonian Canal from Inverness to Fort William then back again. We'll be taking our own bikes and a certain amount of nutritional sustenance, but at some point we'll want to venture out into the lovely scenery and go exploring.

My questions are: does anyone know of any interesting yet doable cycling trails along Loch Ness and Loch Lochy? Also (and quite crucially for me) are there any veggie friendly places at all, that anyone can recommend, within cycling distance at any point along this route? I've seen that there are a few places around Drumnadrochit (Loch Ness) but we won't be settling in one place for long, and will be moving almost continuously and only stopping to sight-see.

Any recommendations and suggestions would be very welcome! :D
gee*dee

Re: Veggie food and cycling in the Highlands?

Postby blinki » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:34 pm

the name 'Loch Lochy' always puts a smile on my face, just never seems to get old

I have no idea personally but this is the best list I've ever seen on vegan food in Scotland, has a good few in the Highlands. The map suggests there's nowhere near by for you but not sure how up to date it is but the actual list will be
blinki

Re: Veggie food and cycling in the Highlands?

Postby gee*dee » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for the link :) I guess it's going to be slim pickins for most of the journey, at least when we exit the Loch Ness area, but hopefully the scenery will be worth it. We could always go foraging for berries too!
gee*dee

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews