Disneyland Paris

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Disneyland Paris

Postby xJimx » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone been there recently? Looks like I'll be subjected to a day of Disney magic during our holiday in August & I understand that you're not allowed to take your own food it.

So questions - do they enforce the food rule or not & if so is there anything vegan in any of the restaurants?
DYEL
xJimx

Re: Disneyland Paris

Postby JP » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:16 pm

you were planning to sneak in some peanut butter werent you? :)
JP
Site Admin

Postby aspara-gus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 pm

I haven't been to Euro Disney but went to Disney Orlando last year and thought they were awful with regards to accommodating vegans. I will definitely boycott all Disney theme parks from now on.

From wikipedia:
The company has been accused of human rights violations regarding the working conditions in factories that produce their merchandise.[6][7] It has been criticized also by animal welfare groups, for their care of and procedures for wild animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park,[8] and for using purebred dogs in movies such as 101 Dalmatians. Animal rights groups claim movies with purebreds create an artificial demand for purebreds from people who may not be prepared or temperamentally suited for the animals, many of whom end up abandoned or surrendered to animal shelters or rescue groups.[9]
aspara-gus

Postby silver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:23 pm

My kids were taken by my in-laws, I think they ended up eating in the car park.
The visit was not an experience any of them would care to repeat. Disapointment all round pretty much summed it up.
It's not what you do occasionally that makes a difference, it's that which you do everyday that brings progress.

http://www.thesilverman.co.uk

Strava-https://www.strava.com/athletes/2077466
silver
User Activation Admin

Postby xJimx » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 pm

[quote="JP"]you were planning to sneak in some peanut butter werent you? :)

Yes I shall be taking a stash with me in the car! I don't think you can actually buy peanut butter in France, they are a nation of philistines.

I'm well aware Disney sucks from an ethical point of view but have been over-ruled. The plan years back was that the in-laws would do this trip to spare me the ordeal but alas they are not well enough to travel.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby shotred » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 pm

You can get peanut butter in my local supermarket... So as I live in a tiny village, I expect you can get it anywhere.
They don't search your bags for food... But carry in an esky might be a bit obvious.
Eurodisney in August!... You must be brave!. Best to stay in one of the Disney hotels the night before so you can get in an hour earlier than everyone else.
shotred

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews