Berlin

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Re: Berlin

Postby Miss Norris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:26 am

I went to Vux Cafe when I was last in Berlin and it was absolutely fab! I thinkt they have an all you can eat vegan brunch on Sundays for 12 euros or something. Scrummy!
Miss Norris

Postby mo! » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:58 am

Ive tried a 'Dürüm Vöner' from Vöner at Boxhagenerstr.56 in Friedrichshain. https://www.facebook.com/Voener
Must say, i was a bit disappointed. It was tasty and stuff, but not really Dönerish ;) ...If you call things like the real deal, it should come close, otherwise just call it wrap or whatever....*whine* ;)
I guess ill forever be on team "Yoyos" ;) ...still got to try Vegofood and some Kreuzberg/Neukölln stuff though....
mo!

Postby JP » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:57 pm

vöner is one of my fav places in junk food category :)

damn, ohlalaa has been stepping up the game lately too, the cakes are getting out of control awesome! have had the brunch few times now too, love it.
JP
Site Admin

Postby mo! » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:44 am

I didnt say the Vöner was bad, it was just not what i expected. :P
And Ohlala had always been closed when i strolled by, ever since ive been to that place :?

But Ive been to "no hablo espanol burritos" lately...they got a couple of vegan Burritos. Very tasty (not too salty :wink: ) stuff. Its on Kopernikusstraße in Friedrichshain.

Also ive visited Berlins Chinatown at Herzbergstr. in Lichtenberg. :shock: ...Its 3 big buildings with a lot of little seperations inside which are filled with unhealthy smelling china stuff. ;) ... besides neon clothes you get food and cheap hair cuts. Plus unhappy Asians ;) ...But i happened to find something i need, so it was worth the Asthma and the bad karma ;)

PS: Berlin is THE best city in the world! No shit! You can "like" anywhere, but Berlin is HOME. :mrgreen:

Image ImageImageImage
mo!

Postby mo! » Sun May 04, 2014 12:01 pm

juppidei its Sunday :)

Got some sweet stuff from Ohlàlà. To me their stuff is just too sweet, so next time i go for the salty stuff.

(yes, its solid nugat with buttercream around and sirup inside ...the other thing is an eclaire with chocolatecreame)

Also i found a hostel which location is really nice and pretty. The prices seem alright as well. Its a good starting point when you want to explore Prenzlauer Berg and Mitte. You get to "Morgenrot" at Kastanienallee in a bit and to Torstraße etc. Their website is: http://www.pfefferbett.de

mo!

Postby mo! » Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am

@Prenzlauer Allee

(yes, i live so dangerously 8) )
mo!

Postby Melody » Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

I'll be in Berlin next month!! Yay!!
Melody

Postby mo! » Thu May 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Holla die Waldfee!! :) ...I just ate the best piece of cake....It was a "veganer Nusskuchen mit Kirschen" (nut/cherry cake) which was very chocolatish as well and super moist! :shock: ... Really recommended to try it!! The café is called "Silberdistel" at Hufeland/Greifswalderstr right at the corner.

mo!

Postby JP » Sun May 18, 2014 4:32 pm

[quote="mo!"]juppidei its Sunday :)

Got some sweet stuff from Ohlàlà. To me their stuff is just too sweet, so next time i go for the salty stuff.

this thing is good enough to kill for! BUt afterwards you have that feeling of regret, why the fuck did i do that for while you lie comatosed for couple of hours...
JP
Site Admin

Postby mo! » Mon May 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Walking around the Friedrichshainer Volkspark you find different kinds of architecture. On the "Platz der Vereinten Nationen" Street there is this giant "Plattenbau"...its a very eastern kind of building.

And guess who was waiting in front of it....

Steven. And he was as suprised as me, as you can see ;) ....I never asked, but i really wonderd if he ever got emptied after being placed there. Its kind of a personal question though....
mo!

Postby mo! » Sun May 25, 2014 6:26 pm

little fellows and their makers <3

ImageImageImage
mo!

Postby mo! » Sat May 31, 2014 7:56 am

Volkspark Friedrichshain...

I did mention it already, i know, but i was just thinking how cool that park is. Its so very diversified. As in people and geographics and themes. The other parks ive been to (Wedding, Kreuzberg, Neukölln, Prenzlauerberg, Tiergarten) are some (drug) shitholes or just parks, but the Friedrichshainer is not. Its the only park i would really recommend visiting while being in Berlin...
On Thursday while strollling in the evening i found quite a big kids mob dancing to (bad) music, others were still working their BBQ or riding skate boards https://mv.lsb-berlin.org/lsb/upload/ssv/5290_28102011091041.jpg, some tight rope walking. In another part of the park mothers were letting their kids annoy the sleepy ducks (yesterday i saw the most exotic little duck-bird family :) ) while getting a coffee in the Café Schönbrunn http://www.schoenbrunn.net/. The tonns of joggers passing by all the time (sometimes at the endless stairs http://jogging-portal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/treppen-volkspark-friedrichshain-300x300.jpg greeting the yoga people who peak at the tai chi guys who actually think about climbin the climbing rocks. Squirrils on the two "mountains" being offensive to strollers (jk-only one -__- :arrow: ;) ) and of course the people at the open air cinema http://www.freiluftkino-berlin.de/english.php getting ready for the movie.
All kinds of people come together in this green oasis and its just very interesting to stroll by and than grab a bench and observe all of it. Or be part of one of those. I dont know...i prefer the bench. Maybe even at the Fairy Fountain http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4rchenbrunnen_im_Volkspark_Friedrichshain or at the 3 tennis courts or at the beach volley ball fields laughing at the bad players ;)

And the funny thing is, that it is still peaceful. When Im walking up the hills and being surrounded by that much green, i forget im in a big city. Everytime. :)

mo!

Postby mo! » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm

flea market/exploring Sunday :)
Sneaked around the RAW area a bit. I realized it became "the moving" area. Besides clubs where you can dance your butt off and Berlin Strength there is a Crossfit hall, a skate hall and a climbing hall. I dont climb, but peaking into the hall and seeing that huge tower made me think it could be fun for climbers. ;)

ImageImage
mo!

Postby mo! » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 am

Its history lesson, my dear little Vegans:
Once upon a time there were eastern dickheads who fucked up big time while the world just watched...... :evil:

Anyway...
I was strolling around and i saw this:

And i was thinking..."Well, thats weird. Its a wild garden at an odd place". SInce it is at the Karl-Marx-Allee, which is historically quite important and a incredibly beautiful street. Than i looked to the right and saw this:

Than i learned it was the place where the June 17th 1953 revolution took place. That date is the reason why another important street in Mitte is called "Straße des 17. Junis". -Which is a weird name for a street. At home i read this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aufstand_des_17._Juni (choose your language ;) ) and i got goose bumps and anger and tonns of sighs like i always do, when i read about political history. Its just so frustrating and sad and annoying.
But this date is a strong one in Germany. People fought and died for change and freedom. -And lost.

When you happen to be in the neighbourhood, maybe acknowledge the roses :)
mo!

Postby mo! » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:52 pm

:shock:

Sorry for being so blabby, but its just so much going on in Berlin in summer :mrgreen:
On the Hufelandstraße (on my taking a walk route) recently opened an organic bakery called Beumer&Lutum. https://www.facebook.com/beumer.lutum I havent noticed any other anywhere, so that is a cool thing on its own. BUT: They have a lot of AWESOME vegan stuff. And they have extra little signs so there is not a lot of asking neccessary. So i could choose between muffins, pastry stuff and buns. The choice was easy. :mrgreen:

You can smell it, cant you?! :wink:
mo!

PreviousNext

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews