Berlin

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Re: Berlin

Postby mo! » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 am

When i stroll around im always delighted when i see some "art" ;) ...At the "lovelite" at Simplonstraße http://www.lovelite.de/

...you have some nice fellows. At that place there are sometimes flea markets. I never made it, but i guess they should be quite interesting. Not just touristic "craftswork"... ;) ...besides that its a bar with live music. But if you can watch any soccer stuff in it, to me its quite strange and 15 levels down ;) ...but thats just me. The we-need-to-watch-soccer-together-as-a-country/strangers-united-thing is just ..."Brot und Spiele" ;) ....i dont know...but anyways. Enjoy:

ImageImageImage

Oh...and did anyone already mention, that the "Neue Bahnhofstraße" and "Sonntagstraße" are quite vegan streets? I forgot. Its basically the area after the "Vöner" place. There is a nice little park as well. It really deserves the name "Sundaystreet" ;) (its right at the "Ostkreuz" train station)
mo!

Postby mo! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Im pretty busy atm preparing for the "Sommerfest at Arnswalder Platz" on Saturday, 28th of June.http://www.stierischgut.de/ Its at Danzigerstraße/Bötzowstraße. Its a summer festival with live music, stands with clothes (*cough*)and things, kids fun and stuff like that. I guess some food as well. Id say its worth a trip. The park where it takes place is really open and nice. Easy to reach as well. If you go there go to the "Cafezhino" on Bötzowstraße (on the other side of the street" as well. They got THE BEST appel pie. :)

mo!

Postby mo! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 am

This is a Mixer Comic (http://mixercomics.at/) slot maschine at Simon-Dach-Straße . For 2 € you get a little comic. It is about as big as a match box and got one story in it. Ofc, as touristic as i am i got one. :mrgreen: ...
mo!

Postby mo! » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 am

mentioning that having your internet over cable in Berlin is the BIGGEST shit ever, we shall go on with the more pleasant stuff ;)

There is a vegan market on Saturdays at Revalerstraße on the RAW area. I went there around 3pm so maybe it was already gone, or it was just two food boxes (burritos and stuff like that). Maybe next time going a bit earlier ;)

From 1-3 August there is a big tatoo convention at Eichenstraße 4 in Berlin-Treptow (i think)...so if there is interest...you know where to go ^^

Also the Bleed brandstore opened at Boxhagerstraße 14 in Friedrichshain. (Zeus Pizza-street ;) ) https://www.bleed-clothing.com/index.php/about-bleed/bleed-organic-clothing/brandstore-berlin.html ....walked past it two days ago without noticing it was it. :oops: ...it looks like a skate store. But they had this peta-approved sign in the window. I just thought it was curious, but didnt think further ;) ...anyways...so that is open.

hmhmhm....nah, thats it for now. Enjoying to have my internet connection back -__- ...its fucking berlin...why not have google fibres anywhere?! -__- ....man, its so not 24th century voyager time....*hate it*
mo!

Postby mo! » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am

Yesterday i strolled around the "Gleimviertel". Stopped by Veganz, got some ham and cheese, (not so yummy) icecream and found a nice bridge where people enjoyed a "Feierabendbier" (after work beer). You have a great view if you like trains 8) ...There is also a climbing wall (Schwedterstraße). Its quite huge, id say. It is called "Schwedter Nordwand" (http://www.alpinclub-berlin.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124&Itemid=653 ...i still dont climb, but i see a lot of people finding it their hobby.

ImageImage
mo!

Postby mo! » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:19 am

[quote="mo!"]Holla die Waldfee!! :) ...I just ate the best piece of cake....It was a "veganer Nusskuchen mit Kirschen" (nut/cherry cake) which was very chocolatish as well and super moist! :shock: ... Really recommended to try it!! The café is called "Silberdistel" at Hufeland/Greifswalderstr right at the corner.

Aaaaand they offer a vegan breakfast now (regularly) :) ...Its advertised on a chalk board. Sadly im still sick (stomach), so Im not into eating funky stuff right now. :/ ...but its cool they have it.

I havent been around too much since im slightly sick for a while now, but very often ive seen german actors sitting in cafés near by the past weeks. :) ...that is so cool. The german bigger ones like Daniel Brühl and Matthias Schweighöfer. :mrgreen: ....and im not really living in the cool part of Berlin. I guess theyre getting old. ;)
mo!

Postby mo! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 am

So...the trend is getting more viral it seems. You see those broken windows a lot lately. Seems angry people found a VERY PRODUCTIVE way of releasing their stress. :?

Its where new houses are build and the "good old times" cant be let go. I dont get it. Its dumb people who are sad theyre getting old and losing their getdrunkandfuckedup time?! ...Honestly...it doesnt look theyre really losing it. Theyre just getting old and grumpy. Plus the kids with hormones all over the place and so very edgy points view. :roll: Why not relax and go with the flow? Hm...i get their point, ofc, but still...its not very cool. :roll:

the lovelite closed btw. ;) ....
mo!

Postby mo! » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 am

Vego Food doesnt offer delivery anymore :cry: ...you actually have to walk there -__- .... ;) ...its at Lychenerstraße 63 in Prenzlauer Berg

mo!

Postby loveliberate » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:56 am

Berlin was recently rated the most vegan-friendly city in the world by HappyCow.net: http://www.happycow.net/travel/top_five.html
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby mo! » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:13 am

Tonight is going to be special. Its the 25th anniversay of the fall of the wall. ;) ...So Berlin put up 15km lights where the city was divided for so long :evil: ... anyways...at 7.20pm the lights( balloons) are going to let go and rise to the sky. On the Fernsehturm its probably the best view, but i guess its going to be crowded :lol: ...i dont know where im going to watch it, but i will. I got goose bumps already :) ...
http://www.berlin.de/mauerfall2014/

mo!

Postby aspara-gus » Sun May 17, 2015 6:19 pm

I will have a 7 hour layover flying through Berlin in early July. I think this should give me enough time having a quick look at the city. Could someone please recommend how I should spend those 7 hours. Priorities are great vegan food, good German beer, and good people watching.
aspara-gus

Postby blinki » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 pm

[quote="aspara-gus"]I will have a 7 hour layover flying through Berlin in early July. I think this should give me enough time having a quick look at the city. Could someone please recommend how I should spend those 7 hours. Priorities are great vegan food, good German beer, and good people watching.

I can't help but I'm going in late July so report back please if you find anything particularly good

Not that I think Berlin has a shortage of good stuff but I think I'll struggle to prioritise cause of how much there is
blinki

Postby blinki » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm in Berlin now. I went to Voner for dinner, I've never had doner so can't compare but I wasn't impressed. The chips were obviously twice cooked to reheat but yet still not warm but I'm beginning to think Germans just have bad taste in chips.

I had cake at Veganz, it was stale but taste-wise pretty decent

The burgers at Vego was awesome, like I suddenly realised I've never had properly good sietan before

But the star so far has been pizza at Sfiz, pizzas (vegan and not) just don' get much better

Berlin really has third wave coffee down too, there's a good few exceptional places- Godshot is my favourite so far though I've not had the obligatory trip to the Barn yet. Tomorrow, Ohlala, Yoyo and Berlin Strength
blinki

Postby CheshireCat » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi, we're gonna do a family trip to Berlin next week. A good friend of mine moved there, so we're gonna visit. She's living in an area called Grunewald located a bit outside of the city centre, but it seems to be a nice relaxed neighborhood.

https://goo.gl/rqxACC

Does anyone know any good vegan restaurant in that area?

Also, we also want to do quite a bit of walking and hiking in Berlin and the surrounding areas. My daughter was getting a bit of back pain every now and then from always carrying her filled to max school backpack. So we got one of these ergonomic bags a few weeks ago, which is way more comfy. Does anyone own one of those backpacks and can you tell me whether they are suitable for trekking? Is says on the site that they can also be used for trekking and seem pretty solid, so we might take it as another hand luggage instead of using a suitcase. Seems easier since we have to fly EasyJet this time and they don't allow for much luggage.

And def let me know or pm me if you have any more recommendations on Berlin :) Feeling super stoked about the trip!

Cheerio
CheshireCat
CheshireCat

Postby blinki » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 am

[quote="CheshireCat"]
Does anyone know any good vegan restaurant in that area?

And def let me know or pm me if you have any more recommendations on Berlin :) Feeling super stoked about the trip!

I don't know about that area, I never went that far out of the city centre, but looking on happy cow you've got a lot of choices 4-5miles away around Charlottenburg. The good thing about Berlin is the public transport is great however it is a bit confusing and lacking in maps so get an app (I forget which I had but there's free ones that route plan for you). Get a weeks ticket and going everywhere is no hassle.

Everyone I've spoke to is really surprised I didn't like Voner, apparently it is amazing. Sfiz was my food highlight by miles and worth going out of your way for. But whatever you do you have to go to Ohlala

Berlin is also an amazing city for coffee so if you are a coffee drinker there's plenty places worth going out of your way for, my favourite was probably Godshot. The Barn is probably the most famous though it's not my type of coffee.

Alternative Tours are worth checking out if you are doing walking a tour of the city. You can find all the main stuff yourself which is what most tours go to, Alternative Tours takes you to the places you'd not really see much of otherwise and gives you a good sense of more recent history.
blinki

PreviousNext

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews