Tell me where to go... in Europe.

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Tell me where to go... in Europe.

Postby hardcore iv » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

I've got about 7 weeks of travelling to do and wanted to see what folks reckon are the must see and must eat things in Europe. Any ideas would be appreciated. Berlin, Barcelona, and Zagreb are already pencilled in and I'm going to Paris this weekend with gentle gourmet at the top of my list and the vegan grocery store.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Re: Tell me where to go... in Europe.

Postby rattus » Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Yup Gentle Gourmet is a must (good breakfast).

Also a must is the Grenier (http://www.legrenierdenotredame.fr/) on the Ile de la Cite near Notre Dame.

If you are at all "arty" a trip to Giverney (Train to Vernon and walk if its a nice day or special bus if its not) is a must.
rattus

Postby sergio » Fri May 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Barcelona is definitely the most vegan-friendly city of Spain, you'll probably know that already. Besides the stuff you'll see in Happy Cow, if you're into bakery and sweets maybe you'll find this interesting: http://www.lujuriavegana.com/
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri May 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Prague for sure. Are you sticking with the Continent? Iceland is great as are Norway and Sweden.
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby ORLYLOL » Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Malmo is a vegan paradise :)
"There is much that is difficult for the spirit, the strong, reverent spirit that would bear much: but the difficult and the most difficult are what its strength demands." - Nietzsche

"In all seriousness a beard will add 100 lbs. to your total instantly." - Brandon Lilly

http://veganforklift.blogspot.com/
ORLYLOL

Postby tal » Fri May 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Vienna.
tal

Postby kallefs » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:45 am

Malmö is great for vegan food but I would definitely go to Stockholm if you have the chance, beautiful city and got some nice restaurants.

And if you pass by Gothenburg there is a couch if needed. Other then that I would check out some nice places in the alps, expensive but pretty majestic. And how about Rome?
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby JP » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 pm

see you in berlin mate :)
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

It is super geeky, but the one place in Europe I missed was -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendel_Mus ... University Need to go back and do it sometime.
Was in Brno and its amazing, like Prague 10 years ago. Not so great for vegan food, but awesome for beer. Prague was pretty good for vegan food.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby mo! » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 pm

In Berlin:
Go to "Zeus Pizza"!!! Its like the best food youll get in town ;)...Its in the Boxhagenerstraße, Friedrichshain ...
Also "Oh lala", a Tarte Shop in Mainzerstraße, Friedrichshain should be worth a visit. Try the raspberry tarte! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!...
Oh! And if you like icecream thats not fruity, try the "Eislabor" in the Raumerstraße, Prenzlauer Berg. They got Nugat and Stracciatella! Reaaaaallly good. :)
Enjoy your trip!
mo!

Postby JP » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 pm

zeus pizza is 100 metres from my place :D

Dieting is hard here!
JP
Site Admin

Postby mo! » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 am

I wouldnt survive living that close to them ;) ...Though Pizza-death doesnt sound too bad at all....*thinking face*
Oh and...If you live close to the Boxhagenerstraße you should really go to "Lebensfluss" down the street and buy some shirt/sweater with a (really cool) bunny/cat on it for your girl/daughter/friend/relative/random stranger. The maker would really like that. ^^
mo!

Postby hardcore iv » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll be heading to Reykjavik for 4 days on Thursday. Any advice for there?
Want to check out more of Scandinavia just need to figure out the cheapest method :?
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby Linnéa76 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 pm

[quote="hardcore iv"]Thanks for the advice. I'll be heading to Reykjavik for 4 days on Thursday. Any advice for there?
Want to check out more of Scandinavia just need to figure out the cheapest method :?
You should talk to Ida, I think she was just there!
Come to Stockholm afterwards, it's well worth seeing even if the supply of vegan places isn't fantastic. Skip Norway or you'll starve...
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby loveliberate » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm watching this thread with much interest! My short list: Berlin, Stockholm & Helsinki with day trips to nearby areas.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Next

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews