Stockholm & Oslo

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Re: Oslo and Stockholm

Postby Linnéa76 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 pm

I just realized I'm working until seven on the 27th.. I could still come for dinner after that but won't have time for trainig, I'm afraid.
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Re: Oslo and Stockholm

Postby blinki » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 pm

in which case shall we say 8 on the 27th at Kafe 44 and if there's folks who can make some lifting then we can sort something for before

(I'll edit the thread title so anyone interested will notice it)
blinki

Re: Stockholm Meet 27/3

Postby hoffmeister » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

I don't think I can train before, but I'll be at 44an at 8.
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby hoffmeister » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:30 am

We need to change our plans:
Opening Hours:
tis: 12:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 22:00
ons: 12:00 - 19:00
tor: 12:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 22:00
fre: 12:00 - 19:00
sön: 15:00 - 21:00

Thursday instead?
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby blinki » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 pm

[quote="hoffmeister"]We need to change our plans:
Opening Hours:
tis: 12:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 22:00
ons: 12:00 - 19:00
tor: 12:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 22:00
fre: 12:00 - 19:00
sön: 15:00 - 21:00

Thursday instead?

Glad you looked at that cause I obviously had a translation fail when I did :lol: If it's open Thursday then I think we best go for then
blinki

Re: Stockholm Meet 28/3

Postby blinki » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm off to try and sleep before getting up at 3am tomorrow and probably won't be online before Thursday so will say now that I'm awful at managing to find people I've never met before- but then maybe everyone is. So I'll be the lost looking, short, Scottish one with bleached blonde hair. Hopefully see some of you there (8 on Thursday) in spite of my crap organisation skills :p

I think I might be too excited to sleep!
blinki

Postby hoffmeister » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

I'm not sure I can come still, its the thursday before Easter.

And I'm also not sure they'll have food at 44an, its usuallt gig night at thursdays, but I not sure if there is anything then.
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby Linnéa76 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am

They have vegan waffle night at Seyhmus on the 27th (tomorrow), we should go there! I can't make it on the 28th.
Hope you'll be able to log on before tomorrow evening blinki...
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby blinki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Good job my nice couch surfing host let me borrow his laptop for a minute. Not doing well at this :lol: I also wish I knew about Scandinavians and their thing for Easter. Easter is such a non-event for us but I think by the time I get to OIso there's going to be no locals, just a ghost town with the occasional tourist.

I could do waffles tomorrow but it says on their website 'Måndag - Fredag 10:00-19:00' which unless I'm missing a special section on waffle related opening times means it's no good either
blinki

Postby Linnéa76 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm

No it's definitely open until 22 tomorrow, it's a catering group called Veganfoods who are using the venue twice a week.
If you have time before you leave, they also do an Easter menue on Friday!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby blinki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:50 pm

In which case I will be outside Seyhmus at 8 tomorrow-still looking small, Scottish and lost- and hopefully see a few of you there and regardless waffles!
blinki

Postby loveliberate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Please don't forget to take pictures & share them with us - not just of your meet-up but also of Stockholm & your travels generally! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby Linnéa76 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:21 am

[quote="blinki"]In which case I will be outside Seyhmus at 8 tomorrow-still looking small, Scottish and lost- and hopefully see a few of you there and regardless waffles!

See you there, I'll probably come around 7.30 but I'll look out for you! Hoffmeister are you coming?
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby blinki » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

[quote="loveliberate"]Please don't forget to take pictures & share them with us - not just of your meet-up but also of Stockholm & your travels generally! :)

I didn't, especially after Linnea told me you posted that to remind me.

I took other pictures but obviously these are the most interesting :lol:

Hermitage, buffet so I skipped breakfast to eat as much as I could. I went small on the third plate so I had space for cake but turned out the only vegan cake was pretty much just jam on pastry. Nothing amazing but nothing wrong with it either. Wish I'd tried the creamy noodles earlier though cause they were by far the best. Felt like I was getting looks off the staff by the time I went for a third plate

The waffles, very good and first time I'd had waffles in years.

Cake at Hermans. Very good but also very sweet so it was rather sickly towards the end. I'd just been up the sky view (ski lift to the roof of the hockey stadium) and remembered half way up that I'm scared of heights so it was a very nauseous afternoon

Thai curry at Lao Wai, a vegan Chinese. I went hoping to find Chinese food that I like so bit disappointed that the lunch dish was Thai.

Then Oslo, where the food was much less exciting.

I don't think this place is on happy cow and I found it by chance. It's right next to the city hall and called either the Heart of Fragrance or the Fragrance of the Heart, I forget which. It's a vegetarian place where they have few vegan cakes and a lunch. I think the cake was raw and the pastry was so bland it's existence was pointless but the apply and berries was nice. The lunch sounded awesome- tofu paneer in a cashew and green tea curry- but I'd already made my packed lunch and was heading to another part of the city.

I popped into a health food/vegany type shop, Rotter, to see if they had anything I'd never had before. It was a great shop, big a lots of selection, though nothing I'd never seen before apart from these cookies which I assume are American based on the weight being in oz first. I wasn't expecting much from a protein cookie but it tasted like a nice cookie and not like protein powder at all. Forgot to take a photo before I ate it

And my beer before I left. Turns out buying beer from a shop isn't allowed on Sundays in Oslo (or Easter Monday) and it was awful hard work finding a bar that didn't look a bit crap. It cost about £10 so I felt it had to be photographed.

That sort of misrepresents my eating while away but tinned beans in Stockholm are so so so much nicer than our tinned beans. Also their UHT alpro is as nice as the non-UHT stuff but it doesn't have the magic non-curdling in coffee thing going on.
blinki

Previous

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews