BELGRADE - vegan/vegetarian restaurant

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

BELGRADE - vegan/vegetarian restaurant

Postby vege » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

Hi, people! If anybody of you comes to Belgrade, I will be happy to have you as a guest in my newly opened cafe/restaurant Radost. It is predominantly vegan, and more on the healthy side, but not too much! :D We just don't use tons of oil and salt, that's all! My colleague makes cupcakes (not vegan), but there is always vegan ice cream, sometimes vegan cookies, tarts, etc.
The restaurant is located in the center of the Belgrade, just across the walls of Kalemegdan fortress, in Pariska 3. If you now where the Austrian Embassy, or the main church (Saborna crkva, not the big sv. Sava temple!) is, it is easy to find us, we are 100 m from there.
We open at 2 PM, and serve food to 10 PM. From 2 PM to 5 PM you can get meze (appetizer made of hummus, dips, etc), soup, tofu wrap, etc. Main dish of the day (curries, chili, diferent vegan versions of Serbian dishes, etc) is served from 5 PM. I cook fresh meals every day. We are not 100% organic, but most of the produce, grains, legumes etc are organic.
We serve alcohol and smoking IS allowed :roll: This is Serbia after all, smoking is obligatory! Just kiding :D
Here's our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/RadostFinaKuhinjica
vege

Re: BELGRADE - vegan/vegetarian restaurant

Postby JP » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 am

good luck with the restaurant! I visited belgrade about a year ago, it was great!
JP
Site Admin

Postby vege » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 am

[quote="JP"]good luck with the restaurant! I visited belgrade about a year ago, it was great!

Thank you, Joni! It is me, Nikola, we had dinner at Bojan's place:)
vege

Postby loveliberate » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 am

Good stuff - Best wishes! :)
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby JP » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 am

[quote="vege"][quote="JP"]good luck with the restaurant! I visited belgrade about a year ago, it was great!

Thank you, Joni! It is me, Nikola, we had dinner at Bojan's place:)

oh wow thats awesome :D
JP
Site Admin

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews