Macclesfield England: Where to Buy Seitan?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Macclesfield England: Where to Buy Seitan?

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi,

I have a friend in Macclesfield England who is trying to get her husband go vegetarian, at least at home. It seems to working out as long as she cranks out satisfying meals at home. She just found out about Seitan, but does not know where to get it in her area.

I would be grateful for any information

Thanks much in advance
beforewisdom

Re: Macclesfield England: Where to Buy Seitan?

Postby beforewisdom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Is there a chain like Whole Foods in England? My friend lives about 90 minutes from Manchester, close enough to make a monthly shopping trip for specialties.
beforewisdom

Postby blinki » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:14 pm

There's a whole foods in Glasgow so worth checking if there's one in Manchester

If not they could buy VWG from www.realfoods.co.uk

I think Holland and Barrots might do something like seitan slices
blinki

Postby Hiking Fox » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 pm

There isn't a Whole Foods in Manchester. Thankfully that American chain is limited to London and Glasgow.

Seitan is not widely eaten in Britain and even most vegetarians have never heard of it, however you can buy a really good range of vegan fake meat products at both Eighth Day Wholefoods on Oxford Road in the city centre, and Unicorn Grocery, an all-vegan shop in Chorlton, 3 miles from the city centre.
Hiking Fox

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

[quote="Hiking Fox"]
Seitan is not widely eaten in Britain and even most vegetarians have never heard of it, however you can buy a really good range of vegan fake meat products at both Eighth Day Wholefoods on Oxford Road in the city centre, and Unicorn Grocery, an all-vegan shop in Chorlton, 3 miles from the city centre.

My friend can't eat soy, so I suggested seitan for her. Seitan is easy enough to make if she can find vital wheat gluten where she lives so maybe I will tell her just to try a recipe out.
beforewisdom

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews