Interrailing in Europe

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Interrailing in Europe

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi all, there's a fair chance that I'll be interailing accross Europe with my (very almost) vegan partner. I'm still vegan as well. we'd be picking up jobs here and there, staying for a month or two in a few places etc.

I'd definetly be in France for a little while, Italy for a little while and very likely Sweden, but there's a whole host of details that aren't sorted out, and even with the places that are I'm a little worried about non-vegan products.

If you've got experience in Europe (outside of the UK) in using certain brands that don't test on animals and are vegan with things like clothes washing liquids, cosmetics, toothpaste, sun cream etc. then please reply:) .

I know lush is in a lot of countries (and I'd likely use some of their things, like happy hippy to wash my clothes, body and hair) sometimes we probably will need something with a bit more oomph, that's been designed to do the job (in this case washing clothes) when we have bad stains etc.

We will of course be hitting charity shops from time to time to make sure we have the best clothes possible.

I'm also considering what footwear I'll need. Is it worth getting my hands on some steel toe capped boots for example?

Or should regular shoes be fine. As we havn't planned anything specific I don't know what to expect, but I'm presuming that we'll be sleeping rough once in a while etc.

So any experience anyone can offer would be grand!
Sorry for not using the fitness part of the forum :s . Sunbeam 8)

Edit:
Stealing thread URLs for later:
[spoiler]
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19958
[/spoiler]
BOOYAH!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews