Peru

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Peru

Postby mabli » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:39 am

Anybody got any experience in Peru or Bolivia? My daughter is flying out next month and is starting to worry.
mabli

Re: Peru

Postby xrodolfox » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm

What sort of experience?

I grew up in Chile, and my wife and I lived there for two years just before our son was born (7yrs ago).
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby mabli » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 am

Hey I should have thought about asking you!! I've sent a you a message :-)
mabli

Postby xrodolfox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:52 am

Just so you know, I've only been to Chile and Argentina. The similarities btw Chile and Peru/Bolivia are like those of England and France and Germany. They are all close geographically, but very different (even though they have the same basic language).

I'll write you the best I can regardless, but if I were you, I'd also take advice someone else has experience in both those countries.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby mabli » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:10 pm

ok, I thought you meant you'd lived in Peru for 2 years... doh!! I sent you a message on facebook :)
mabli

Postby aspara-gus » Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 am

I traveled in Peru a few years ago and thought it was very easy to find vegan food in the restaurants as they had lots of soya options. Also, I found some great veg restaurants in Cuzco and Arequipa. Another plus is that everything is super cheap.
aspara-gus

Postby lobsteriffic » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:35 pm

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has experience with guides on the Inca Trail. I'm looking for a reputable company, preferably one that doesn't have any issue with supplying vegan food. Thanks!
lobsteriffic

Postby kallefs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

[quote="lobsteriffic"]I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone has experience with guides on the Inca Trail. I'm looking for a reputable company, preferably one that doesn't have any issue with supplying vegan food. Thanks!

Would be very interested in this to if you find anything.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews