Interrailing Europe!

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Interrailing Europe!

Postby Ombah » Mon May 24, 2010 11:11 am

Me and my girlfriend are thinking about interrailing in Europe this summer. We are thinking about visiting Berlin (for the vegan food), Italy, France and Spain. We will be out 15 to 22 days.

This will be our first time doing something like this. Is there anything we should think about? Any tips on where we should go and where we can spend our nights cheap?
Ombah

Re: Interrailing Europe!

Postby baldy » Mon May 24, 2010 11:46 am

Only advice I can give you is that normally it is cheaper (but slower) to travel on buses. Also do not be tempted to see too many countries, better to see a few countries really well.
Final piece of advice to save money book overnight bus/trains to save on accommodation.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Ombah » Mon May 24, 2010 12:00 pm

We're planning on buying an interrail-card that cost ~300€ for 22 days, so it's quite cheap! :D
Ombah

Postby Superflor » Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

I visit the Lonely Planet website http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/index.jspa and trip advisor www.tripadvisor.com for info on what to see and where to stay when I travel.

If you're coming down the south of Spain round Málaga, let me know. I hosted for a young Austrian animal rights couple last year and it was fun. Plus, down here you got the Alhambra palace in Granada about 2 hours away, Seville and Cordoba (the same amount of time away), beaches and a fairly well connected train station with high speed and normal trains.

When I did interailing I went with my bro and some friends and we camped but carrying the gear in the summer heat and finding sites with vacancies can be exhausting. Youth hostels booked well in advance are also a good option.
Superflor

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews