Spain, Mijas-Costa (Fuengirola)

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Spain, Mijas-Costa (Fuengirola)

Postby haisuli » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:58 pm

We are travelling to Mijas on Saturday for a week. Any tips for Mijas-Fuengirola-Malaga /Spain overall? What and where to eat, foodstores, something to see.. I don't have no idea how good assortment of soy milks, tofu's etc. there are in stores.

So far we have found one vegetarian restaurant: http://www.restaurantevegetalia.com/carta.htm
and P.A.D shelter: http://www.padcatsanddogs.org/index.htm

Thank's :wink:
Last edited by haisuli on Mon May 31, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
haisuli

Re: Spain, Mijas (Fuengirola)

Postby runner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

soymilk is everywhere, further be prepared. Madrid en Barcelona are getting better the rest will follow, but a long way to go.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Re: Spain, Mijas (Fuengirola) *Cancelled*

Postby haisuli » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Volcano...
haisuli

Postby runner » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 pm

are you stuck?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby haisuli » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:16 pm

[quote="runner"]are you stuck?

Could say so, we're stucked at home.. Well, things could be worse. At least we should get all our money back and we already have settled with our employers that we can move our holidays to some other point in time.
haisuli

Postby Superflor » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:43 am

Hi, I'm 15 mins from Fuengirola. This reply is for if you decide to visit in the future, then:)

The best health food store in Fuengirola is:
BIONATURA DEL SUR,
Avenida de los Boliches, 112
FUENGIROLA
Spain
tel: 952 660 757-Fuengirola

which is in ,the area before Fuengirola itself on a street parallel to the main one running through (with the train line running above) and nearish the Recinto Ferial (or fair and market ground).

There is an Indian food store also if you go left at where the buses stop at the "Bus station"- they just queue up on the road (if you're facing the sea). think the road is called Calle Jesus and someone and its a little up on the right side (sorry can't find clearer details online).

Vegetalia restuarant does a decent buffet but it's not my fav of places. Personal favourite is "Loving Hut" vegan chinese buffet behind the main post office on Calle Peregrino in Málaga town (get on the train and get off at the Alameda stop (see info for other restaurants in Málaga at Happycow.net). "Cañadu" at Plaza de la Merced (again in Málaga centre) also has a good reputation.

With regards to things to see. Mijas itself is lovely. Sadly it has a reputation for its Donkey taxis and Bullring but the little church just up from the bullring is lovely and you get wonderful views from the gardens up there.

The beaches in Fuengirola take pride in their Blue flag status (well kept) and my personal fav beach is underneath the castle (ok its not soft fine sand but you get less hassled but the beach vendors at my local ones of Benalmádena).

Day trips out, I recommend Granada and the Alhambra Palace, Seville (but really these are better if you stay overnight).

A good page on the area is: www.andalucia.com
¡Hasta pronto!
Superflor

Postby haisuli » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Thank's for good advices!

We're still waiting for to get our money back from travel agency. But when it (hopefully) happens, we will start to plan trip again. Could be somewhere round May 22-29th.

Looking forward!
haisuli

Re: Spain, Mijas (Fuengirola) retry on Sunday

Postby haisuli » Thu May 20, 2010 5:42 pm

We'll try to come there on Sunday, let's see how it ends :P
haisuli

Re: Spain, Mijas (Fuengirola) retry on Sunday

Postby haisuli » Tue May 25, 2010 9:45 pm

So here we are, Mijas Costa is the name of this village :P

I'm sitting outside our apartmentos door, WLAN won't work inside it, not even on balcony.

Weather has been nice for these two days that we've been here so far. Apartmentos is very nice, but club's gym isn't designed by a powerlifter I guess... :wink: Probably we're still hanging around here for tomorrow, but on Thursday we might visit Fuengirola. It's quite different to travel with 4-year old kid than just two of us. If there's too much plans and activities to do in a day it just ends with big hassle. But swimming and playing in a pool isn't that bad way to spend a day either.

We haven't starved yet, there are soya milk's etc in markets, only thing that we haven't found so far is tofu. Bread and vegetables etc. are very fine.

Do we have some "Finland" -sign on our forehead or something? :wink: People guess that we're from Finland before we even open our mouths. Not just locals. We were walking to the market and one car stopped by us and when we just turned to her she said "Oh, are you from Finland? I'm looking for some British people that should be somewhere nearby,.... " :P
haisuli

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews