Vancouver and California

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Vancouver and California

Postby Superflor » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Hiya,

Am posting on behalf of my veggie aunt.

Any can't miss places to visit in these places? I'll narrow Cali down by saying she's gonna be spending some time in San Francisco and is looking for a hotel/motel to stay maybe near the airport and places going North up to Mount Shasta-eateries but also places of interest would be appreciated. I asked what kinda focus, and she said, "Well I'm open to suggestions..."

I told her to eat at The Golden Era Chinese and Cafe Gratitude in San Fran and Berkley. Any other suggestions and general stuff to get up to especially in Vancouver'd be great.

She's away dog-sitting for a bit in Mount Shasta and intends to do a little light treking and then sight see in Vancouver. She goes end of the month for 6 weeks in all.
Superflor

Re: Vancouver and California

Postby JuicyJ » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

The "Naam" is a must visit veggie/vegan restaurant in Vancouver .
I ate there many times before I became vegan .
It is very reasonably priced and open 24 hours.

Yelp and "Happy cow" has lists of vegan /vegetarian restaurants in Vancouver . It is a small town gone big so access is pretty easy.

Yaletown, Granville ( sort of where "The Naam " is located)- and Granville Island with all it's fresh food ( not all veggie) and Main St. ( more hippie and funky) are worth the trip.There are many vegan options everywhere now
The beaches at this time of year are beautiful and a trip to Whistler is always on the menu

I came across this site when I planned my last trip back to Vancouver /Whistler
Ironically it is made by people in the UK :)
I have heard a lot of good things about "Gorilla" cafe but have not been there yet .

http://www.youtube.com/user/VeggieWorld ... UxAY2R0W1c
JuicyJ

Re: Vancouver and California

Postby Superflor » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Cheers Juicy :)
Superflor

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews