Bath Spa vegans?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Bath Spa vegans?

Postby all.things.ordinary » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am

Hello! I'm new to Bath from Leeds and was just wondering if there was a group for Bath vegans? I know that Bristol is good, but I rarely go there... In Leeds, a few friends and I had regular vegan potlucks which is something I really miss, so just wanted to find out if there may be something similar already going on that I may be missing out on :)
Failing that, if enough Bath people are on here, we could always start a group up?
all.things.ordinary

Postby _Andreas_ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:35 am

Bummer, I normally study in Bath, but have just moved to London for 6 months to work. There are vegans in Bath, but more on the activism side. The group is called Bath Animal Action and they have been involved with anti foie gras protests and setting up a small free food bath vegan fayre Quite a few of them are squatters and have set up their own little social centre called the Black Cat. They are just moving locations again, but if you did want to organise some vegan cooking evenings it might be a good place to try.

Hope this helps
_Andreas_

Postby all.things.ordinary » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Sounds cool. Thanks! I knew there must be some here. There was a great Veggie Roadshow at the Guildhall over the weekend. Free curry and booja booja truffles :)
all.things.ordinary

Re: Bath Spa vegans?

Postby cookey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Hey ATO
There is a Bristol group that have various meet ups. I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind coming to Bath if you wanted to do a pot luck! Check out the Bristol Vegans Facebook group for details or PM me.
www.katecooke.co.uk
cookey

Postby cookey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm

PS some of us will be at Cafe Kino from around 3-5pm this Sunday.
www.katecooke.co.uk
cookey

Postby all.things.ordinary » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:48 am

Thanks! :) I would have popped over on Sunday but I'm in Leeds this weekend. I'll have a look on the site though, and will hopefully be able to attend the next time!
all.things.ordinary

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews