Melbourne

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Melbourne

Postby chriss » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:03 am

Hello all thanks for all the info so far regarding Australia. My next stop is Melbourne in the new year & I'm looking to stay put & work for 3 months or so just looking for some opinion on where are nicer places to settle. I have already seen the food is amazing....Climbing is also important I have seen there are a few good walls about too.
Any info would be great cheers Chris.
Just smile x
chriss

Postby tal » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:41 am

you'll love melbourne! it is wonderful for vegans.

i've been climbing at the hardrock centre in nunawading, it's really great and caters for every skill level. they also have a centre in the CBD, depending on where you are based.

check out http://www.hardrock.com.au/

there was also a wall at the indoor sports centre in doncaster, but i haven't been there for a while so i don't know if it's still around.
tal

Postby Andrewc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 am

Hey. There's quite a few of us from Melbourne on VF. I live with Patvirt in Box Hill on the east side of the city. What areas are you looking at staying in? What about working?
Andrewc

Postby chriss » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 am

Living wise I'm travelling with my non vegan, but pretty much vegie girlfreind so looking to rent a room, flat anything cheap as we are travelling round Aus. Was also looking for any suggestions on nice areas as I don't have a clue about the place other than where the climbing walls are!

Work wise anything to keep the bank balance toped up. My girlfreind is an office person where as I have done all sorts from sports coaching to civil engineering, but again we are both open to anything.

I can't wait to move over as it looks cool & some freinds gave it rave reviews.
Just smile x
chriss

Postby vegcrow » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am

I look forward to hearing more about your progress. My brother and I are starting to look for opportunities to live and work outside of the USA.
vegcrow

Postby Andrewc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm

[quote="chriss"]Living wise I'm travelling with my non vegan, but pretty much vegie girlfreind so looking to rent a room, flat anything cheap as we are travelling round Aus. Was also looking for any suggestions on nice areas as I don't have a clue about the place other than where the climbing walls are!

Work wise anything to keep the bank balance toped up. My girlfreind is an office person where as I have done all sorts from sports coaching to civil engineering, but again we are both open to anything.

I can't wait to move over as it looks cool & some freinds gave it rave reviews.

If you haven't found anything yet, these links might be able to help you.

http://www.iwanttolivehere.org.au/blog/forum/
http://vnv.org.au/forum/
http://www.wvd.org.au/forum/
http://flatmates.com.au/home.html
Andrewc

Re: Melbourne

Postby chriss » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:35 am

Flippin' eck Melbourne is an ace vegan hot spot!!! So far we have eaten at Las Vegan, pizza place, poppy cafe & had some amazing food.
The city is also pretty cool too. If anyone fancies catching up get in touch as I'm hers for 3 months or so.
Just smile x
chriss

Postby helmut » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 am

Awesome! Glad to hear you're having a good time :) Melbourne is lovely!
*take me to the mediocrity dungeon*
helmut

Postby ^toby^ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:05 am

[quote="chriss"]Flippin' eck Melbourne is an ace vegan hot spot!!! So far we have eaten at Las Vegan, pizza place, poppy cafe & had some amazing food.
The city is also pretty cool too. If anyone fancies catching up get in touch as I'm hers for 3 months or so.

Where are you staying?
Mango Magic and I have a blog and she made a list of place to eat/see in Melbourne..
Our friend Danni made a site called VegMel, it has all the melb veg*n blog posts in one place.
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby chriss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm in NEWPORT, but have been wandering the city & searching the net for places to eat.

Any other suggestions welcome.
Just smile x
chriss

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews