list of airlines that cater for vegans

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Postby runner » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:02 pm

if you book special meal you and you are lucky you get a vegan meal, if you don't and they have meals on your flight they give you a standard meal, usually meat.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby fredrikw » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Non-dairy vegetarian meal (VGML) is what you want to order when flying, all long-haul flights I've done has had this option. I doubt every airline has its own caterers, but rather one catering firm per airport, so the differences might have more to do with the departure airport rather than the airline.

They do make slip-ups sometimes, like including margarine that contain whey or a snack that contains milk powder. Make sure to contact the airline afterwards and complain so they can pass the information to the catering company.

Shorter flights within EU rarely cater for anything but omnis, even though I was surprised by Air France a couple of months ago when they served me a vegan breakfast between Stockholm and Paris. Not a good one, but it was still vegan :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Carin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:44 am

Martin air (dutch airline) has around 14 choices off diffrent meals including vegan option (VGML) but always they made failures.
www.martinair.com/nl_en/services/inflight/meals.aspx

The personal doesn't realy know what it is. Often the meal isn't on board and than they suggest a bread with cheese and give you butter with animal ingredients, give you milk in the morning, I can go on and go on.

Twice I wrote a letter. I suggest them that I would to come over in a training class for there board personal so I can tell people more about it.
I get a polite answer but more like oke it happend and we will take better care next time.
So that list with long options including veganmeal is a good idea but it don't work if the personal on board don't know how to combine.

We flew once with Delta Airline we get good vegan options. But I don't know if they do have them still.

On they airport in the Netherlands, Amsterdam its hard to find something vegan. But I noticed on the airport in Stockholm that they had vegan wraps. And they knew at least what vegan is. :wink:
Carin

Postby Shaolin Avenger » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Recently flew with Cathay Pacific and they had good vegan meals. Just make sure you check a few days before that they have your order. On our return flight they had no record of our meal request.
Shaolin Avenger

Previous

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews