Veggie restaurants in London

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Veggie restaurants in London

Postby johnbaldy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 am

Hello all

A quick read of another thread in this section, and I discovered that there's a veggie place in the West End that I had not previously heard of (Tibits). I bet there are more too. So I started to compile a list of the fully vegetarian restaurants that I know of in London in the hope that people might find it of use - and in the hope that people might add to it so I can learn more myself.

Then I found this absolutely fantastico page which seems to have 'em all:
http://www.veggieheaven.com/uk/england/london/

.....which kind of made my efforts redundant (apologies if its been posted up here before).

So, instead I'll make a couple of recommendations from those listed on that site.

1. Mildreds in Soho. About £10 - £15 a head. Wholesome and really tasty food in filling portions.

2. Chutneys on Drummond Street, Euston. About £12 - £16 per head. A little spicy for some palates but mouth-wateringly delicious to mine. Service is less surly than the cheap and cheerless 'Diwana' opposite. they do an all-you-can-eat lunch time buffet which is great value too (especially if you eat like I do :))

Loads of the places listed I've never heard of so I'd be interested to hear of any other opinions/recommendations.

Cheers

John
johnbaldy

Postby tal » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm

tal

Postby Hiking Fox » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Beware.

Websites like Veggieheaven and Happycow go out of date very quickly and have been known to still be listing places that closed down over 3 years earlier.

You're best getting a guidebook like 'Vegetarian London' and phoning places listed if travelling any distance, and/or checking out local websites like this: http://www.veganlondon.co.uk/ that are produced by people who actually live in the city and updated regularly.
Hiking Fox

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews