I'm going to stockholm:D

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

I'm going to stockholm:D

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 pm

My brother is marrying his Swedish finacee over there soon, so I'll be off to Stockholm for a few days as of Thursday. Any phrases (write phonectically in English please) to recomend I use, chat up lines, that sort of thing, do tell.

I'm not sure where abouts in the city it will be, no idea if I'll have internet access, but I hope to end up going to a resturant or two, so I'll leave reviews in here if I do.
BOOYAH!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby fredrikw » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

You'll manage fine with english, even if you learn some phrases in swedish most people will probably want to speak english with you :)

So you're all set with restaurant recommendations and stuff to do and see?
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:06 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]You'll manage fine with english, even if you learn some phrases in swedish most people will probably want to speak english with you :)

So you're all set with restaurant recommendations and stuff to do and see?

well the extra part of the family so to speak who are about to be added to some degree to my family live in Stockholm, and I think most things to do whave been discussed so on so forth. I'm just really excited:D .
There's a vegan involved on the other side as well, so any problems (I doubt there will be any/many) I can ask advice from her.

I don't know how much time I'll have to go for three lunches or whatever, but I could claim it's research for reviews to add to here... :oops:

I can't get too fat in 5 or so days can I :lol: .
BOOYAH!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby millerm » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:55 am

Man I always want to be respectful when visiting a foreign country and try to speak their language, or I have looked up at least a few words...But english usually gets you everywhere but I think it's nicer to actually try and speak their language. Never been to Sweden, or anywhere else in the scandinavian region, something I have to catch up on, Finnland and Norway would be interesting too.
millerm

Postby violetti » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Next month I'll spend a few hours in Stockholm. Ferry from Fin and then train to Copenhagen, then Germany and finally Belgium. We'll be in Stockholm in the morning and we would like to eat a proper breakfast. Any vegan friendly options? It would be nice if the place was situated somewhere between Viking Line's terminal and Central Railway Station.

Thanks in advance!
violetti

Postby fredrikw » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Wayne's Coffee which is located all over Stockholm, even in the Central Station, serves a bagel with grilled vegetables and hummous. Last time we were there though they were out of hummous :(

Otherwise there are the big supermarket Hemköp City, located under the big department store Åhléns, where you can buy soy milk, soy yoghurt and similar things. A bit more DIY, but reliable and open early in the morning.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby violetti » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 pm

^ Thanks, both recommendations sound good! I prefer to the big supermarket.
violetti

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews