Brown's, coventry

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Brown's, coventry

Postby Man On Bike. » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:05 am

Apparently it's difficult to get into this café/pub for a drink in the evening because they have an 'if your face doesn't fit, you're not coming in' door policy. There is a large number of negative reviews on certain websites because of this.

However, we went in at about 4.30 for something to eat, so no doormen at this time. Lovely food - its an omni place but had about 5 vegan options on the menu (they say they always have at least three). You choose from 5 main dishes then you choose what you want with it - for example I had spicy sweet potato cakes as my main thing, and garlic roast potatoes, courgettes provencal, and mashed fredrikw to go with it. Costs £5.50.

The place is really nice on the inside - great decor, chilled music, perfect lighting. The food came really quickly too - and although it's obviously pre-prepared, it didn't taste like it had been sitting around for hours, or microwaved.

I really wish it was in Birmingham :(
Man On Bike.

Re: Brown's, coventry

Postby bob_summers » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 pm

[quote="Man On Bike."]and mashed fredrikw to go with it.

hahaha.. took me a while but i got there in the end..!
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby fredrikw » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:27 pm

he he, missed that first :lol:
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews