Las Vegas

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Postby tamara » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:12 pm

There's a donut shop there called "Ronald's." Most of their donuts are vegan, but I think the cake ones are not. Man, if I lived in a town with a vegan donut shop I'd be huge. Anyway, you should check that place out. So good.

-Tamara
tamara

DONUTS

Postby Robbie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 am

Big thank you for that Tamara I love donut,s and straight after my comp I will be going there they will not know what,s hit them.
ROBBIEx
Robbie

Postby Rainycat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm going to Las Vegas later this month and would be grateful for any further tips or recommendations.

Robbie, how was your trip - any good places to mention?

Cheers

R
Rainycat

Postby Rainycat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:46 pm

Just *bumping* this!

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for food or nice demure things for a girlie to do in Las Vegas, please let me know. I'm going to a conference, but will be there for a week and will have some days/evenings on my own. I don't drive either so it'll be cabs or whatever transport I find - yes I need a guide book ;-)

I suppose I'll need to pack some summerish clothes too?

Cheers muchly

R :-D
Rainycat

Postby puppydog » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 pm

my wife is there now, i'll let you know how she makes out.
she was worried that it would be salad and french fries, but most places there will do ANYTHING for you so long as you pay them!!!

where are you staying? i've only been once but there's not much to it, at least on the surface: the strip, which you can walk everywhere (although its some long walks) and there are cabs all over the place that will take you anywhere else.
Arf! Arf! Grrrr! Arf!
puppydog

Postby Rainycat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi Omar Tan

Thanks very much for your reply. I'll be staying at Candlewood Studios which is off the strip, but on the upside comes with it's own kitchenette in every studio so I'll be able to prepare or heat things up. I too am wondering if I'll be eating salad and chips all week, but I've been looking at Happy Cow for ideas and when I get time should look at possibilities on a map :-)
http://www.happycow.net/north_america/u ... las_vegas/

Best

R
Rainycat

Postby SJ » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Rainycat,

I've not been for a couple of years - and do remember having plenty of chips and salad! - but my favourite things to do / see were:

- O (the Cirque du Soleil show at Bellagio) - expensive but the set was fab.

- The indoor skydiving place (a vertical wind tunnel) on Convention Centre Drive (just off the Strip).

- The brunch buffet at Bellagio (not cheap but plenty of vegan options).

- The dancing fountains in the 'lake' outside Bellagio (every half hour during the day, every 15 mins at night) - free, very camp and definitely worth seeing. A friend of mine reckons the best view is from the bar at the top of Paris' Eiffel Tower (opposite) whilst eating chips, but I thought they looked pretty cool from the street.

Not that I could afford to stay in Bellagio (I wish!).

Have a great time.
SJ

Postby Rainycat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi SJ

Hope you're well!

Thanks for the tips, will look those up. The dancing fountain sounds fab, I'll definately enjoy anything camp and/or kitshy :-D

R
Rainycat

Postby puppydog » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm

wifeie got back and said it wasnt as bad as she expected.

the verdict was basically to go for the usual suspects - mexican food without the cheese/meat, sushi without the fisheggs, pasta with no meat and cheese, and you should be fine.

[quote="SJ"] A friend of mine reckons the best view is from the bar at the top of Paris' Eiffel Tower (opposite) whilst eating chips, but I thought they looked pretty cool from the street.

Your friend is wayyyyy off. Best view is from the bar at the top of Paris' Eiffel Tower whilst eating chips and drinking a beer!
Arf! Arf! Grrrr! Arf!
puppydog

Postby Rainycat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Heh, thanks Omar Tan - think I'll have to wing it and see what happens! As I'm so excited to be going and the warmer weather will make me less worried about eating big meals and happier to eat fruit and salady bits!

I love chips so will have to do the Eiffel Tower thing - one way round or t'other :wink:

Cheers and will let you know how I get on!

R
Rainycat

Postby BlueRose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:58 am

I'll be there tomorrow through late Friday, so this thread was helpful. I also found this link:

http://vegasclick.com/vegas/vegetarian.html
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganWomenBodybuildingAndFitness/
Boston Vegan Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonVeganFitness/
BlueRose

Postby JuicyJ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:50 am

JuicyJ

Previous

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews