american samoa

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

american samoa

Postby tal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 am

hi all,

i have been lucky enough to be going to american samoa for around 10 weeks at the end of febuary through my work. i think i am going to have a rough time eating wise - from what i can tell all they eat is tuna :(

don't spose anyone has any tips..

i'm thinking of just eating fruit and veg but i'm not sure! will have to hope they have imported lots of stuff from the usa...
tal

Postby seasiren » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Ah, I envy you!!!! The people there are fantastic! Plenty of Fruit and Veggies there. No worries :)
seasiren

Postby benzilla » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:12 pm

I've been to independent Samoa, and there is plenty of fruit, more banana's then people could eat. They do eat a lot of seafood..... and there were a lot of fast-food etc which is not really suitable.
benzilla

Postby tal » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:07 am

i'm looking forward to it seasiren, unfortunatley the trip is work-related so its not going to be a holiday but i will still get some time to do the whole tourist thing!

i have heard that it is extremley american-ised, in regards to fast food and such, but that shouldn't pose too much of a problem

just found out that vegan essentials ship there ;) so builder bars will be comin' to amsam! lol
tal

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews