anyone been to Paris???? I need tips.

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

anyone been to Paris???? I need tips.

Postby markxrat » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:20 am

I want to take my girlfriend to paris for the weekend for her birthday.

Can anyone suggest anything that we need to see there, places to eat, places to stay. Things to avoid.

Just anything you can tell me really.

Thanks
markxrat

Postby XkillerX » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am

Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby veganlove » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Hmmm... well I always look through the Dorling Kindersley books, they've been the best for my trips. If you don't want to buy it, I'd say just search the internet. paris.org has some tips, too! You must get to the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, take a cruise on the river, try out the metro, see the Arche de Triumph, Notre Dame, and some of the older churches in the area. There's tons to see there! It;s so sweet of you take your gf there! Have a great time!
veganlove

Postby dublin dave » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:31 pm

For food try the St-Quentin covered market. It is near Gare de Nord on Boulevard Magenta. Nearest Metro station is Gare de L'est. It is open Tuesday to Saturday 8.30 am-1 pm and 4 pm-7.30 pm. Sunday opening is 8.30 am-1 pm. Nearest Metro : Gare de l’Est. This is a great market for bread, fruit etc and has a Moroccan stall selling houmous, taboluh, olives and lots of other picnic staples. All these items are sold per 100 grams.

My favourite museum/gallery is Musée d'Orsay - 1 Rue de Bellechasse. This former railway station is one of the city's most popular museums and covers the period between 1848 and 1914. Both impressionist and post-impressionist atists are well represented.
Art gallery open: Tuesday, Wedesday, Friday and Saturday: 10:00-18:00, Thursday: 10:00-21:45 and Sunday: 09:00-18:00. Nearest Metro is Solferino.
dublin dave

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews