Visiting Brussels and Utrecht

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Visiting Brussels and Utrecht

Postby FormicaLinoleum » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Hey! K and I are going on a long weekend to Brussels and Utrecht with my two omni brothers. Though they are omni, they are not anti-vegan and don't have a problem going to veg places or other places that can accommodate us.

Any advice for these two cities? Anyone know of any good restaurants in them? Or just hints for finding vegan food?

Thanks!
- Liz
FormicaLinoleum

Postby stateofflux » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:51 pm

In Utrecht the vegan Acu Cafe is most well-known. It's non-profit and is part of a leftist social centre where there are also gigs etc

http://www.acu.nl/

If you click on the english flag you'll get a bit more information.

To check when the vegan cafe is open click on the Programma link, then click on eten. You'll see a list of dates and opening times- Veganistisch eetcafé is what you are looking for (vegan eat cafe literally)
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby violetti » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:26 am

Tomorrow I'll leave for Belgium. After Belgium I'll spend a few days in Utrecht. I found this topic and I have already visited Acu's website and glanced at Happycow.com. Situation regarding vegan food should be okay at least. Any special tips? And what about good record shops in Utrecht? Mainly interested in punk, hardcore, gothic rock and dark electronic stuff.
violetti

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews