vegan and AR stuff in Ottawa

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

vegan and AR stuff in Ottawa

Postby xbojanx » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm

I'll be traveling to Ottawa/Canada within a month, so is there any place I should visit - vegan places, bookstores with good AR/vegan books etc.

Hardcorepunk clubs would be nice too :)
Something more than ink.... On a page, on a shirt, on the back of my hand.
xbojanx

Postby revolushuneyz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:20 pm

hey there! Definitely check out Exile Infoshop at 256 Bank Street (Bank is a major street), it's right in Centretown.

What kind of restaurant are you looking for? e.g. specific type of food, cheap but good eats, medium-priced but really good eats, organic.
revolushuneyz

Postby revolushuneyz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:22 pm

for hardcore punk shows:
Bablyon nightclub has a lot of shows, and a few other places, just that one's the most consistent.

The Dominion Tavern (the Dom) in the Market is where everyeone just goes for beers.

punkottawa.com has an extensive list of shows. If you let me know exactly when you're coming, I can follow up with specific shows.
revolushuneyz

Postby xbojanx » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:05 am

Hey thanx,

I found out about ottawapunks, great site, lots of info...unfortunately, seems like not much is happening that week :cry:

Anyway, regarding food, well, I would like to see if there is some vegan or vegetarian restaurant, more to check out how it looks like and what kind of people visit the place :D Quality and price of food is not to important this time, as I'm going to be there once or twice :( (for now :wink: )
Something more than ink.... On a page, on a shirt, on the back of my hand.
xbojanx

Postby xbojanx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Well, been to Ottawa, survived :)

Definitely worth checking is Spice and Herb, pretty good store with nice staff and stuff :lol:

There are possibilities to get sandwiches in different food chain restaurants, but it's pretty suspicious :roll:
xbojanx

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews