Manic organic in kings heath, brum

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Manic organic in kings heath, brum

Postby Man On Bike. » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:50 pm

Was really impressed by this place (went over a month ago), the menu looked pretty good, i had felafel with salad. The actual cafe is really nice inside and there are tables outside so you can eat in the garden if you want.

It is a vegetarian restaurant not a vegan one and there's a lot of cheese / mayonnaise / milk / cream on the menu but I'm sure most of the stuff can be veganised if you ask.

Top notch place although it's a bit expensive for me if I remember correctly so I couldn't afford to eat there every day. Then again maybe i could if I gave up beer :roll:

If you aint been there before, [url="http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=52.43632,-1.89032|16|4&loc=GB:52.43632:-1.89032:16|46 Poplar Rd, Kings Heath, BIRMINGHAM. B14 7AG|B14 7AG"]here it is[/url] - just catch the 50 to kings heath and walk around the corner innit.
Man On Bike.

Postby Man On Bike. » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:54 pm

ok for some reason that multimap url isn't being parsed, :roll: just copy and paste what's inbetween the " " marks if you need to
Man On Bike.

Postby JP » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 pm

Great to see a positive restaurant experience from you mate :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby alit » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 pm

Didnt realise this was a veggie place - had heard it was meat, fish, odd veggie dish and they had no vegan food - but if its changed hands and has more options its worth a visit :D

Ive never been to Kings Heath but there is a vegan free food fair there in Nov - Midlands veggie campaigns so high time i explored out of town areas more!

Im still miffed about Rooties going omi :( be nice to have alternative to the fab warehouse
alit

Postby Man On Bike. » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 pm

[quote="alit"]Didnt realise this was a veggie place - had heard it was meat, fish, odd veggie dish and they had no vegan food - but if its changed hands and has more options its worth a visit :D
Yep tis totally veggie and mostly organic.

[quote]Ive never been to Kings Heath but there is a vegan free food fair there in Nov - Midlands veggie campaigns so high time i explored out of town areas more!
Is there a website for this?

[quote]Im still miffed about Rooties going omi :( be nice to have alternative to the fab warehouse
Damn...

Can't say I liked Rooties anyway, it is a fairly nice place just a bit too expensive and too 'cool'... I've not been to the Custard Factory for ages acctually, since they put that sign up saying "only 'cool' people are allowed here"
Man On Bike.

Postby alit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:06 am

Yes its:

http://www.veganmidlands.org.uk/

Not been going long - they did a march about climate change and a stand at the cut the carbon cycle event after at canon hill park.

Think the food fair is the next big event, i have not had chance to get to a meeting yet :(
alit

Postby Hiking Fox » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Good news about Manic Organic changing hands - a big group of us got food from their Glastonbury stall a few years back and we were all quite disappointed by it. Far too much dairy and pretty bland.
Hiking Fox

Postby manic organic » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 pm

hello. this is my dads cafe so if anyone has any questions i would be happy to anser them as i worked there for 3 years. but first off all i would like to say that it has never changed hands. and at glastonbury festival all the food that my dad cooks is vegan there is milk for tea and yougat for the fruit salad but you add them yourself. one more thing most of the dishes one the menu can be made vegan and the soups allways are.
manic organic

Postby manic organic » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:17 pm

sorry about all the spelling mistakes i was in a rush and didnt read over it.
manic organic

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm

There must be two Manic Organic's then, cos the stall we went to in the Green Fields at Glastonbury had hardly any vegan options.
Hiking Fox

Re: Manic organic in kings heath, brum

Postby manic organic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 am

there are two one cafe in kings heath and one stall at glastombury in the green fields but it is the same company. so like i said before the stall at glastombury is completly vegan and has been for 20 years. please get you facts right misinforming people can have serious effects, you are mistaken!
manic organic

Postby The Duke » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:59 am

[quote="manic organic"]there are two one cafe in kings heath and one stall at glastombury in the green fields but it is the same company. so like i said before the stall at glastombury is completly vegan and has been for 20 years. please get you facts right misinforming people can have serious effects, you are mistaken!

Well something is a bit odd here isn't it?

I have real trouble believing that Hiking Fox has made up a story about Manic Organic at Glastonbury. Why would she? Doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, why would you claim that your stall is Vegan if it isn't!!??

Checking out the menu for "Manic Organic!" in Birmingham does reveal a cheesy theme though!!! ....

Traditional – Mature Farmhouse cheddar & red onion £4.25
Brie & Cranberry – Somerset Brie & wild cranberry jam £4.25
Basil Fawlty – Mature cheddar, fresh pesto basil & tomato £4.25
Avocado Jo – Avocado, Farmhouse cheddar, red onion & tomato £4.50
Stilton Smile – Creamy Blue Stilton, tomato & red onion £4.50
Mushroom Mystery – Fresh mushroom, mushroom pate, tomato & red onion £4.50
Feta Feast – Greek Feta cheese, green olives & tomato £4.50
Mushroom Mostly – Fresh mushrooms, mushroom pate, Farmhouse cheddar & red onion £4.50
Sweet Pepper – Somerset Brie, roasted sweet pepper & mushroom pate £4.50

As for Glastonbury, most of the information I can find refers to the stall as vegan but I found a menu offering Vegetarian or Vegan Ploughmans and some reports describe the staall as "largely " vegan.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby manic organic » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 pm

the cafe in kings heath is not vegan. but there are a lot of vegan options there.

the festival stall has a diffrent menue and has had the same vegan menue for 20 years!

turst me i no what i am talking about i work at both of them!

the hiking fox has got confused
manic organic

Postby manic organic » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:22 pm

i dont no what else i can say apart from go to the cafe and a festival and find manic orgain and see for your self.
there are hardley any veggie an vegan places out there anyway. and we have a vegan saying that its not vegan! that dosent make sense!
manic organic

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews