Good vegan resturant in stockholm?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Good vegan resturant in stockholm?

Postby Hrimfrost » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 am

I dont now where to put this but I am planing my holliday in stockholm as usual this summer but I have only been there as a vegetarian before so I need some good information about nice resturants! And it would be perfect to get some help on this matter bacause I am spending my holliday with a meatlover so I would be very proud if I could show her some nice place to eat that is not a "meatstore"!
Can you help me?
Pleace? :wink:
"Love and Respect"
Hrimfrost

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:42 am

a good resource is Vegan Stockholm http://www.veganstockholm.se even if it hasn't been updated for a while the major ones are still there.

you should not miss the latest addition to the veggie scene, goodstore http://goodstore.se

depending on when you're here some of the restaurants might be closed for the summer.

my favourites are Lao Wai (completely vegan, the only one in sthlm), Kokyo (not vegetarian, but they make their own tofu and have wonderful vegan food) and Malaysia (not veg either, but very tasty food, fake meat dishes galore). Chutney is a good place to get a good price lunch, and the buffet at Hermans is often ok.

perhaps a VF meetup when you're here? :D
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:58 am

[quote="fredrikw"]perhaps a VF meetup when you're here? :D

I'd be up for it, especially if we go to malaysia since I never visited that place and it sound nice.
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Hrimfrost » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:22 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]a good resource is Vegan Stockholm http://www.veganstockholm.se even if it hasn't been updated for a while the major ones are still there.

you should not miss the latest addition to the veggie scene, goodstore http://goodstore.se

depending on when you're here some of the restaurants might be closed for the summer.

my favourites are Lao Wai (completely vegan, the only one in sthlm), Kokyo (not vegetarian, but they make their own tofu and have wonderful vegan food) and Malaysia (not veg either, but very tasty food, fake meat dishes galore). Chutney is a good place to get a good price lunch, and the buffet at Hermans is often ok.

Nice with some quality info! I will be in Stockholm 30/7-5/8 (Pride). So if you are planing something,let me now!!!
"Love and Respect"
Hrimfrost

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:27 pm

welll, I guess the planning will take place here, so you suggest something and we'll make something happen :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:53 pm

hey, what happened? don't tell me you were here without telling us :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby aliquis » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:36 pm

I've been to Lao Wai once, the only restaurant I would eat at, but they didn't served regular food during that time of the day, which kind of suck, it's expensive aswell. But hey, atleast they don't use any meat and shit ;D
aliquis

Postby Oak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:47 pm

If you haven't checked happycow.net I'd do that!

I've been to lots of great restarants. Lao Wai recently which was great fun.

Hermans is good too! Almost completely vegan apart from the milk they offer for peoples cups of tea. Buffet style so that you can eat for your appetite.

Oak :)
Oak

Postby bronco » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:22 pm

[quote="Oak"]If you haven't checked happycow.net I'd do that!

I've been to lots of great restarants. Lao Wai recently which was great fun.

Hermans is good too! Almost completely vegan apart from the milk they offer for peoples cups of tea. Buffet style so that you can eat for your appetite.

Every time (two or so) Ive been there the buffet wasnt completely vegan, have that changed recently?
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Oak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 pm

I think it might of Bronco. I should have actually asked them if it's the norm, but every time I have been they have told me everything is vegan. All the deserts too. I spoke to one of the chefs last time and he was yup yupping.

A few things usually have peanuts :o

Not bad at all says I
Oak :)
Oak

Postby bronco » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:33 pm

Ah, then I might have to go there again at some point :D .

bronco
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:51 pm

For as long as I can remember one of the warm dishes has always been non-vegan, so I'd double-check that if I were you.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Rainycat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks for the links - I'm visiting Stockholm for the first time 14-17 March with my boyfriend (who is also vegan) :-D

Looking at buying a Stockholm Card if anyone knows if that's a good idea?

Any suggestions for things to do/avoid would be gratefully received!

Cheers

R
Rainycat

Postby xjohanx » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:56 pm

go to södervegg, totally vegan cafe with sandwhiches, cupcakes and other stuff. it's like 100 meters from goodstore.
xjohanx

Postby fredrikw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:34 pm

I'll quote and suggest the same thing as I wrote to the last person asking, including the option of a VF meetup while you're here 8)

if you feel adventurous the bronco is doing his second OL competition in Uppsala, which is a town 45 minutes by train north of Stockholm, that weekend.

[quote="fredrikw"]a good resource is Vegan Stockholm http://www.veganstockholm.se even if it hasn't been updated for a while the major ones are still there.

fredrikw
Site Admin

Next

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews