Serbia

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Serbia

Postby The Duke » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:34 pm

I've just heard on the radio (BBC of course) that the only thing people are talking about in Serbia at the moment is Wimbledon (which, for the benefit of those not living in either England or Serbia, is a spectator sport where people with more money than sense sit around in the rain, eating strawberries and cream, watching ducks swim about on what was once a tennis court - God forbid that after this has happened for a hundred years or so someone might think of installing some sort of roof??)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could either confirm or deny this assertion by the BBC?
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Re: Serbia

Postby james79 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 pm

[quote="The Duke"]I've just heard on the radio (BBC of course) that the only thing people are talking about in Serbia at the moment is Wimbledon (which, for the benefit of those not living in either England or Serbia, is a spectator sport where people with more money than sense sit around in the rain, eating strawberries and cream, watching ducks swim about on what was once a tennis court - God forbid that after this has happened for a hundred years or so someone might think of installing some sort of roof??)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could either confirm or deny this assertion by the BBC?

Possibly. I follow the tennis and there are a lot of good Serbian players. There is Jankovic in the ladies who is one of the top seeds.

Djokovic (sp?) is 4th seed and a good prospect, one of my favourites to watch. He is in the quarters today.

Tipsarevic got to the 4th round. He has a Dostoyevksy quote tattooed on his forearm "Beauty will save the world" which I think is very cool. Not your average tennis player.

I'm not sure that tennis is vegan friendly though :wink:
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
james79

Postby XkillerX » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:08 pm

is this an updated version of the "let's post about the eurosong to piss killer off even more than he already is and make him flame some crazy shit for he is the timebomb reincarnate with a very short fuse that respawns every ten seconds"?

if so, yepp, you hit the spot right on almighty duke! :twisted:
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby The Duke » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:10 am

[quote="XkillerX"]is this an updated version of the "let's post about the eurosong to piss killer off even more than he already is and make him flame some crazy shit for he is the timebomb reincarnate with a very short fuse that respawns every ten seconds"?

if so, yepp, you hit the spot right on almighty duke! :twisted:

Yes :D
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby xbojanx » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 pm

So, a month more to Eurosong...and two weeks to elections...and there are three vegan/vegetarian/macrobiotic restaurants in Belgrade... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
xbojanx

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews