rice rice baby!

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

rice rice baby!

Postby mo! » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

:mrgreen:

Two wiki entries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rice_dishes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilaf

Read them, study them, BECOME THE RICE KING!!!! :twisted:

Well, im intrigued how much stuff can be done with rice. The Biko i once got from a friends mom. God, that stuff is soooo good! :mrgreen:

Maybe i should mention, somehow reactivating the vegan recipe board ;), that im not a cooking person. I just havent done it really. And im lousy when i try. But its still fun though. ;)

Anyway....my rice cooker does the "chelow" thing (golden crust at the bottom) every time. :lol: ...i dont know why, cause it doesnt seem to be a water problem, since i put mostly too much in it. But since its "a thing"/got a fancy exotic name and i like it anyway, i guess cooking police cant do a damn about it. 8)

Today i steamed carrots with the rice and made a fried veggie pan with Tofu. I marinated the tofu with salt/pepper and apricot marmelade on one side. *yum* I dont think its just something for asian food. It goes nicely with just majoram flavored stuff.
Actually i wanted to make burgers out of everything, but it took so much time and i got bored ;) ...so just a plate full of stuff. Maybe its smarter to work separate steps (cooking rice ahead, etc.) when going for that stuff so you dont die in the progress.

mo!

Re: rice rice baby!

Postby blinki » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:48 am

I only recently used a rice cooker for the first time and they are awesome. Then I was wondering around the Asian shop and found cheap rice noodles that you soak for 2mins and they are done. I can go from deciding to have dinner to eating it in <5mins so now it's all about the noodles.

Someone told me you get rice cookers that steam your veg too while they are at it, if I can get one that will steam my veg from frozen (so I can prepare it once a week) then I think I'd be tempted back to regular rice.
blinki

Re: rice rice baby!

Postby mo! » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:08 am

The noodles are fun!! :) ...did you ever put them in a pan after soaking and do nasty stuff with them?! :mrgreen: even more fun than soup stuff.
mo!

Return to Vegan Recipes