Let Them Eat Vegan

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Let Them Eat Vegan

Postby beforewisdom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Let Them Eat Vegan

I just found this book on Amazon. I love that the title recycles the name of a hate blog. The reviews stated that she uses very few recipes with faux foods, which I think is great. I may just get the book.
beforewisdom

Re: Let Them Eat Vegan

Postby muchluv » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 pm

I think both the blog and this book are doing wordplay on the phrase 'let them eat cake', and the book's name is more than likely independent of the blog.

have you bought it yet? Let us know what it is like
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Re: Let Them Eat Vegan

Postby lobsteriffic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:57 am

I'm a Dreena fan and I was excited to check this book out of the library. I like her other books much better. This one has a LOT of dessert recipes, which is great if that's your thing, but I was looking for more savory recipes. Also, a lot of the recipes use a high quantity of raw nuts, which are pricey. The tone also kind of irked me, it seemed like she was targeting omnivore moms who was want to feed their families more 'plant-based' meals because it is the trendy thing to do.

That being said, I am sure there are lots of delicious things in this book, and you are right, there is minimal processed ingredients. But I much prefer Eat Drink & Be Vegan. Just my $0.02, I am sure others will disagree.
lobsteriffic

Return to Vegan Recipes