made some awesome Chickpea Quinoa Burgers for tea tonight!

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: made some awesome Chickpea Quinoa Burgers for tea tonigh

Postby sergio » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm

[quote="rattus"][quote="daf"]nice use of arrowroot as a burger binder, that's a good tip.

Flax works well too.

Make a flax "egg" by putting a few of spoons of ground flax in a cup and adding half a cup of warm water.

Leave for an hour and you've got a binding agent for cakes, burgers, Yorkshire pudding etc.

A million thanks for both tips.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby pinto » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 am

[quote]Flax works well too.

Make a flax "egg" by putting a few of spoons of ground flax in a cup and adding half a cup of warm water.

Leave for an hour and you've got a binding agent for cakes, burgers, Yorkshire pudding etc.

Yorkshire pudding wow didn't know you can make them vegan, even though I'm a kiwi my mum is from Hull and we always had yorkshire puddings every weekend when I was a kid. I havn't eaten any though in over 20 years :( I would love to introduce them to my kids :) Though jeez they turned their noses up to apple crumble last weekend, I couldn't believe it!

I want to give that burger recipe a try too, we eat alot of quinoa at home usually mixed in with rice as a base.
pinto

Postby Hiking Fox » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 pm

[quote="pinto"]Though jeez they turned their noses up to apple crumble last weekend, I couldn't believe it!

FREAKS!
Hiking Fox

Previous

Return to Vegan Recipes