Vegan Raclette?

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan Raclette?

Postby puppydog » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 pm

So the NYE party I am going to looks like it's going to be a melted cheese festival.

From the pix i've seen online raclette looks fuckin nasty

Is there any kind of vegan sort of thing that's done for this?
Or just avoid avoid avoid?
Arf! Arf! Grrrr! Arf!
puppydog

Re: Vegan Raclette?

Postby HiNiceVegan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:12 am

puppydog wrote:So the NYE party I am going to looks like it's going to be a melted cheese festival.

From the pix i've seen online raclette looks fuckin nasty

Is there any kind of vegan sort of thing that's done for this?
Or just avoid avoid avoid?

I didnt think they could make cheese look any nastier. I'd hate to think what it smells like.

I would avoid it all together. Just the smell of cheese in Whole Foods makes me want to vomit.
HiNiceVegan

Postby skoptic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:57 am

Yeah - I don't think you can do anything similar. I was just in the Alps last week and saw a couple of raclette's being eaten (and a fondue) ..... You could try a huge wedge of molten cheezly - but I'm not sure it would be that good!

Sadly the smell doesn't repulse me, it's one thing I loved when I was lacto-ovo (the thought does though..so that's OK!)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby theresa » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Raclette is actually pretty awesome. It melts cheese somehow in a way that nothing else can. My fiance uses it a lot, but since I gave up cheese, I'm realizing it can be used as a really good indoor grill and I will try the vegan cheese alternatives with it.

He said it was invented by Swiss "cowboys" on the range. Cheese and bread are staple foods in Europe, so I've experienced with European friends.
theresa

Return to Vegan Recipes