Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Postby Nikko » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah give the I am alive demo a run, it's free!! I can't get into iPhone gaming except for things like bejeweled, I just can't handle not having real buttons :(
I'm also playing through Super Metroid for the thousandth time....
Nikko

Re: Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Postby Prime » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:26 am

[quote="Nikko"]I just can't handle not having real buttons :(

I do like buttons. Takes some getting used to touch controls, but 5-10 minutes of app games are about all I have time for at the moment!
Prime

Postby Goob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Day Z Mod for Arma II. THE BEST GAME EVER!

It's a zombie survival mod for Arma II. It's not at all like zombie mods for other games. You spawn on a ~250 square km map with a flashlight and a bandage, then you must survive. There are so many zombies and usually 40 players per server.

YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYONE! They will kill you and steal your beans. I had to hatchet a guy in the face 'cause he was sneaking up behind me. So, you need to watch out for zombies, but especially other players.

There are vehicles that generally need to be repaired (takes hours to find the parts and someone will kill you and take it after you've finished the last repairs) and did I mention SO MANY ZOMBIES. It's nerve racking stuff really. If you shoot a gun all the zombies in a certain range, depending which gun, hear it and start running (or crawling) toward the sound.

It's still in the alpha stage so quite buggy at times and there is a MASSIVE learning curve and SO MANY ZOMBIES compared to a lot of games coming out now, but its amazing. When you die, you respawn with a flashlight and a bandage.

SO MANY ZOMBIES! :mrgreen:
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Dr.Galactus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:37 am

What he said, DayZ is amazing! I've concluded the aim is to fill your inventory entirely with beans, beans and a macaroni gun :lol:
Last edited by Dr.Galactus on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Galactus

Postby Goob » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 pm

[quote="Dr.Galactus"]What he said, DayZ is amazing! I've concluded the aim is to fill your inventory entirely with beans, beans and a macaroni gun :lol:

I play as Chernasaurus Rex

I'm pretty much just a bandit now. If anyone gets too close to me, they die. You have to kill them before they kill you :twisted:

Seriously, can't trust ANYONE. Almost every time I kill someone, it goes down as a bandit kill. I've only met up with someone that didn't try to kill me 1 time, and he didn't have a gun and needed my help at the time. You'd think in a zombie apocalypse people would try to help each other, but that is not the case. They will shoot you in the leg so the zombies catch you and they get your gear without having a murder :(
Goob

Postby Goob » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Goob

Postby Dr.Galactus » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:31 pm

It depends what dayz server you're on (or did, haven't played for a month or two)
http://linktofollow.co.uk/im/g/b5070222 ... fd40ae.png
Dr.Galactus

Postby Goob » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:14 pm

[quote="Dr.Galactus"]It depends what dayz server you're on (or did, haven't played for a month or two)
http://linktofollow.co.uk/im/g/b5070222 ... fd40ae.png

I play on US servers, they mostly seem like the russian ones. Everyone knows how to deal with the zombies now, so it's a pure pvp game. It's still the best game there is.

My guy has been alive a few weeks now and I'm just waiting to get dropped by a sniper when I'm running through a field or something. I'm going to be so mad when it happens. Whoever kills me will be stoked though, I've got like 12 stanag clips, an uzi with a bunch of clips and an alice pack full of medical supplies. Was supposed to meet up with some people the other night, but they all got pked while looting the military tents in stary :lol:
Goob

Postby Goob » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Anybody else excited about planetside 2? I've been watching some videos of people in the beta and it looks amazing. It's already been announced as free to play, which worries me a lot, because I've played pay to win games, and this looks so awesome I'd hate for it to turn into that.

Why can't people just sell their games anymore? I'd even pay a subscription for a game like planetside 2 if they did it properly, or pay for a new expansion a few times a year even.
Goob

Postby Dr.Galactus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Well they killed the original planetside overnight when they decided that if you paid them 15 quid you could get a nigh on indestructible mechwarrior so I'm not holding out much hope, it does look quite pretty so far though
Dr.Galactus

Postby Goob » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 pm

[quote="Dr.Galactus"]Well they killed the original planetside overnight when they decided that if you paid them 15 quid you could get a nigh on indestructible mechwarrior so I'm not holding out much hope, it does look quite pretty so far though

They already said no BFRs in this one and some people I know playing the beta said the Maxes can be taken down by 1 light infantry if you are good at jumping and aiming. Really what I'm most concerned about is something consumable being sold, because it's pretty obvious they won't be able to make their money back selling zebra striped armors and clan tags.
Goob

Postby Prime » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Borderlands 2 rocks!
Prime

Postby Goob » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 pm

http://www.seewithperspective.com/

Really cool game. Only about an hour long so no reason not to play it :P
Goob

Postby Cade » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Even though it's old and pixelated, I can't seem to leave it alone when I'm in the mood for gaming. The new stuff does nothing for me. The original "Quake". I'm glad it's now been ported to Android.
Cade

Previous

Return to Culture