Any HC/punks in here??

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Nikko » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 am

[quote="Webb"] I made it official at an Earth Crisis show in May 2008.

The perfect consummation!!
Nikko

Re: Any HC/punks in here??

Postby Webb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah I know. I think it was actually March, not May though.
Webb

Postby Goob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I was a lot more into the punk scene when I was a teenager, but still listen to a lot of punk and hardcore bands now, just don't get out to the shows much anymore, and stopped listening to most the bands with cookie monster singing.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Adena » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:12 pm

[quote="Nikko"]I just love the way punk, hardcore, metalcore whatever makes me feel, energized ya know!!

:D I like your enthusiasm! I'm still a hardcore kid even though I'm over 30 now.
Adena

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I do think that HC/Punk is more than just the music... it's a culture, and that's something that's also fashion, politics, language, graphic art, food, housing, food, etc.

I feel pretty darn comfortable thinking of myself as HC, even though frankly, I rarely listen to HC these days.

I think it's awesome that you have such enthusiasm. :)
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Webb » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]I do think that HC/Punk is more than just the music... it's a culture, and that's something that's also fashion, politics, language, graphic art, food, housing, food, etc.

I feel pretty darn comfortable thinking of myself as HC, even though frankly, I rarely listen to HC these days.

I think it's awesome that you have such enthusiasm. :)

+1

I hardly listen to hardcore or punk while just hanging out, but I make it to a good amount of shows.
Webb

Postby niall » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I listen to a lot of hardcore. Going to see terror in a couple weeks
niall

Postby alba68 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi,new member.Been into what i call Punk since about 1981.Conflict and the whole Anarcho thing got me into being veggie then recently a vegan.Still love punk,buy cd's and go to gigs.Been a big part of my life and still enjoy the music and state of mind.
alba68

Postby cane_vegan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]I do think that HC/Punk is more than just the music... it's a culture, and that's something that's also fashion, politics, language, graphic art, food, housing, food, etc.
/quote]

i think this of punk-hc. hc is lifestyle. i'm a kid but i listen also tekno, rave music, reggae, ska.. not rock or metal. :wink:
..after 10, 000 years of telling lies, dedicated to spreading the truth, taking pride in this path that we tread, in defense of the earth, speaking out so the words of the voiceless can finally be heard..
cane_vegan

Postby Nikko » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 am

[quote="niall"]I listen to a lot of hardcore. Going to see terror in a couple weeks

Terror are awesome, lemme know if Scott Vogel drops any funny Vogelisms!!
Nikko

Postby drrtyoldpunk » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

by name, by nature ;)
drrtyoldpunk

Postby vegan_rossco » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I was always more into "pop punk" new found glory, blink 182 etc. but I like a fair bit of hardcore now too!
vegan_rossco

Postby sergio » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:51 pm

[quote="Adena"][quote="Nikko"]
I'm still a hardcore kid even though I'm over 30 now.

+ 1

I feel like it has been a really important thing in my life, not just the music but all the culture that came with it.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby DaveMoral » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:01 am

I've been into hardcore for 15 years, vegan straight edge pretty much ever since. Hardcore introduced me to veganism and many other ideas, including Islam via Vegan Reich primarily.

I love hardcore, the good and the bad. I don't go to shows very much anymore. I was going pretty often before my first child was born, but shortly after he was born 25 Ta Life was playing and I made the decision that I'd much rather hang out with my son than go to shows. The last show I went to was last May... Cock Sparrer, Cro-Mags, Wisdom In Chains in Philly.
DaveMoral

Postby xJimx » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 am

[quote="DaveMoral"]shortly after he was born 25 Ta Life was playing and I made the decision that I'd much rather hang out with my son than go to shows.

To be fair I'd rather hang out with a hungry polar bear than go to a 25 Ta Life show. I feel your pain though, since my kids arrived I never go to shows anymore; last one was Earth Crisis in 2009.
DYEL
xJimx

PreviousNext

Return to Culture