Becoming Vegan

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Becoming Vegan

Postby Superflor » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Much repeated material in this from, "Becoming Vegetarian"? Thinking of buying one.
Superflor

Re: Becoming Vegan

Postby beforewisdom » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Superflor wrote:Much repeated material in this from, "Becoming Vegetarian"? Thinking of buying one.

I've read both books ( see http://beforewisdom.com/blog/vegan-diets/ ).

There are 2 editions of "Becoming Vegetarian". The second edition was published after and is much more current than "Becoming Vegan".

"Becoming Vegan" in my opinion is one of the most comprehensive and fact based vegan nutrition books in existence. Unfortunately it is also getting to be a bit old.

I had an email conversation with Brenda Davis, one of the authors and she has plans to write an updated edition. Jack Norris R.D. a cofounder of Vegan Outreach, who maintains an online vegan nutrition web site called Vegan Health is coauthoring a vegan nutrition book with Virginia Messina R.D.. Both of these R.D.'s are very scrupulous about facts and keep up with research.

I would wait a few months for either of these new books to come out, as you will get excellent and up to date information.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Re: Becoming Vegan

Postby Superflor » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Great. Thanks for that Beforewisdom. Sound advice. Yeah, I had the pleasure of going to a talk by one of the authors and buying a signed copy of, "Becoming Vegetarian" at the IVU World congress in Dresden a couple of years ago. They're cool.

I'll hang on for a bit then :)
Superflor

Return to Culture